Lions send reps to Fields's 2nd pro day

Oh I did.

And I burnt toast anyway…

Because he was GARBAGE.

But seriously though, would we have sent, I presume more than one person and probably some high up coaches, to go watch Shaun Wade?

I actually don’t think that is who Goff inherently is but instead what McVay molded him into. At his core Goff is a gunslinger type. How good of a NFL gunslinger he can be is pure conjecture at this point, but I think in a perfect world Goff would prefer to sit back in the gun and fling it all over the yard.

2 Likes

Goff’s been in a Super Bowl with Rams. Trounced. So has Jimmy G. Also trounced. What did both teams do this offseason? They figured out neither QB is a franchise guy. Both are game managers.

Are we looking to be average, really good, or great?

When you have a team that sucks as bad as we do right now you start with a QB when you can. Goff simply gives them time to get that QB, or to develop him. To expect anything more is something I don’t see like some here.

Trading up three spots to get a franchise QB might be the closest and easiest (lowest cost) chance we ever get to getting a franchise QB.

The real question IMO is what they think of these QBs.

Looking to go to a SB?

So why are those teams dumping QBs that took them to the Super Bowl for players that haven’t?

The answer is staring the Goff believers in the face…

so if they take say Lance that is a mistake missing the great Fields?

If he is so good why are teams taking say Lawrence or Wilson maybe Jones an maybe lance before him?

We know you like Fields but why would other teams pass on him if he is so easy to see he is that great?

Not if they like Lance. I’d be okay with that. I remember one time a team took Mitch Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes and Watson. And it could be that this is just a great QB class. But that is why I say “if”. Because its about the process with me most of all. Yeah, I think Fields has a lot of upside. And we have Goff which gives us time to develop him or say Lance. But I don’t want them to take a QB because they have to. I want them to take a QB because they found one they really like. And if they really like either one of those guys, they should figure how to get them.

Watch an listen to this video an they talk Goff an stats. Yes some is shine BS but listen at start to the stats thats not lying or shine its facts.

https://www.detroitlions.com/video/nfc-north-roster-reset-biggest-offseason-changes-for-lions

the lions staff is at the pro day because thats smart. they need everyone to believe QB is on the table so they can either A-get an elite prospect to drop to them with the threat of taking a QB if he slips. or B- get someone to overpay for their pick.

if they didnt send anyone to watch fields throw, they are 100000% tipping their hand to everyone else that QB is off the table

" they are 100000% tipping their hand to everyone else that QB is off the table"

uhh… don’t think so

Maybe Deshaun Watson asked Ryan Pace to massage his glutes?

george costanza seinfeld GIF

Or maybe Pace told Mahomes he had to stop putting ketchup on all his food… and then Mahomes told him he would never play for da Bears?

Patrick Mahomes Eating GIF by State Farm

I’ve got people that know people… :sunglasses:

1 Like

The lions are not trading up to get Fields. If Fields falls tp 7 and the lions end up staying there he will not be drafted unless it’s for a trade.

The problem is you think Fields is a franchise QB and a lot of us don’t feel.that way. You think Goff is a game manager and Fields is all ready better than him. Well, if you are correct, we will be drafting high next year as well will have 2 picks to help move us around

Its not a problem. Its a difference of opinion.

And if Goff gets us to six or seven wins, but turns out he might not to be the answer, that may put us out of any franchise QB talk at drafting 9-10. Or we will need to mortgage the future to get a guy who may not be as good as Fields. Or maybe they get lucky. So there is a gamble there.

But I don’t believe they should steadfastly refuse to take a QB simply because they have Goff.

Wait … You feel Goff sucks but your worried he’s going to be too good?

Your not making sense.

He either sucks and your drafting high next year.

Or

He’s good enough.

1 Like

Goff can be mediocre middle of the road and we’d still need a QB. It doesn’t have to be so black and white.

3 Likes

Agree with this entirely. Another thing is that if they are looking to trade out of 7, it would be a good thing to be there and talk to other teams that are interested in quarterbacks.

If he plays mediocre (with this cast) we’re going to be drafting very high. Stafford could only get 5 wins with that offense and now we’ve downgraded every WR spot. If Goff plays mediocre than we should be drafting pretty high right?

Josh Allen went 7OA
Patrick Mahomes went 10OA.

So either Goff plays well enough to take you out of range for guys like them. (Like your afraid he will do)

Or

He doesn’t.

If he plays well enough with this cast to win enough games to take you out of the top 10. Then you’ve found your QB. That’s my point.

He can’t suck and win too many games.

He did just that in college before becoming the 1st pick in the draft. He was very successful in the shotgun running a spread offense and slinging the ball all over the field.

I wonder too how much McVays ego tripping caused Goffs regression. Once the luster wore off him a little and people figured out that offense, he was pretty quick to throw his QB under the bus. That probably affected his morale and confidence

Definitely don’t see your point. We could have a top 10 rushing attack, an improved D with better coaching and Goff could still be so-so but we win 6 games. Its not either or. Yes, the likelihood of us picking high next year is great. But its not a given .And its not a given a QB worth taking will be there if we need one.