Lions sign CB Cam Sutton (3yr - $33m, $22.5m guarenteed)

I’m banking on it!

Sounds like a guy that never got to coach Fox

1 Like

Shahrukh Khan Reaction GIF

So CB1 and CB2 are still needs after we paid a CB 11M per? Not trying to be the turd in the punchbowl but man. With him and Okudah we may have the worlds most expensive #3 and #4CB tandem.

Steelers forum isn’t too bummed. Pat Peterson is an upgrade and signed for less.

F Minnesota

1 Like

Peterson wasn’t cut.

2 Likes

I think Sutton is a perfect fit for our team and the contract is actually less than I thought he might get. I think the NFL is seeing that good CBs coming out of the draft can step in and play the first year now. This draft is loaded with good CBs. What I don’t like is this signing will wash out the comp pick we would have got for Chark. I guess you could argue Sutton is better than any 4th round comp selection we could select next year.

1 Like

Patrick Peterson is who I wanted the Lions to sign. 2 years 14 milly is about what I expected the Lions to pay as well. Kinda surprised they passed on that to sign Sutton to a much larger deal.

1 Like

Not the forums that I have seen today. Some Pitt YouTubers are not liking this either. You have to find and watch for yourself.

Peterson is not an upgrade over Sutton at his age.

5 Likes

He’s going to play mostly on the outside IMO. His versatility gives us options though.

1 Like

I think this is a smart signing. Veteran leadership with ability. Contract seems to be in line as well.

I have no belief that this will remove anyone from consideration on draft day. It makes me feel that it is more likely we grab a first round CB than we had before. Think he will be great for the room, for the team, and the organization as a whole by the time it is over.

I also believe this is your free agent splash for this year. I think we sign up our own and then go bargain shopping for LB and DT.

3 Likes

Assuming we roll with 6 CBs again, there are 2 wide-open spots on the roster at CB right now.
Even if we put Okudah and Sutton down as out 2 outside corners, then pencil in Jacobs at NB, there’s nobody behind them except for a couple of complete long-shot / practice squad players.

CB is still in play for sure, especially considering that’s the strength of this year’s draft in the 1st (or so it would seem).

4 Likes

One interesting thing about Sutton is that he’s not necessarily a great press man cover corner. I wonder if with the addition of Bly we end up playing more off man.

2 Likes

Do you think Jacobs will move over to nickle?

It’s a possibility. I think outside of Sutton everybody else is competing to start. My guess is Jacobs is a starter as well. My guess is on the inside but we have flexibility.

If we go DL at six and the top 4 CBs are gone we can pop Branch and play Sutton, El Jefe, Jacobs and a day 2 outside rookie CB and I’ll be content.

It wouldn’t be a lockdown group but it would be competent which is what we need.

1 Like

I love that list Jigga man

1 Like

I think we still take a CB at six or 18.

Cameron Sutton’s contract is 3 years, $33 Million.
The year 1 cap hit is 3.28 Million then raises to 12.68 Million per year

Okudah’s 5th year option would be 11.5 Million. If the rookie shows promise we don’t take Okudahs option

2 Likes