Lions sign CB Cam Sutton (3yr - $33m, $22.5m guarenteed)

We should’ve known Brad was going to target a CB. Every year he makes signings that basically allow the team to be completely open going into the draft.

8 Likes

This is true. And this is also interesting. I thought Madden was a big Steeler personality when I moved here…he isn’t he is a pens guy…people here actually don’t consider him anything special…its funny because nationally we do…what he is saying is spot on though…its weird how people look at him locally. Like you don’t cite him talking steeler football here locally…but you should…and again…he is right here.

1 Like

I don’t think Sutton takes Gonzalez off the board at 6.

15 Likes

The Lions still want Harris back. He’s not totally gone just yet.

1 Like

Agreed, Jacobs has had 2 ACL tears, Okudah has missed 50% of the games in his career. 1st round corner still very possible. We got options now, which is key.

3 Likes

Sewickley Academy. My brother in law went there, though they lived in the ‘ghetto’ of North Hills. One of his classmates was that “Skinny-girl” wench, forget her name (edit: Bethenny Frankel). My in-laws gave up their vacation for 12 years to send him there. Didn’t do him any good, LOL.

2 Likes

Corner is definitely still in play in the 1st. Just not as obvious now.

4 Likes

I was telling my son this the other day. Holmes always has his bases covered (to him anyways) going into the draft.

I don’t either but I think it makes it much more likely we wait in a deep class.

4 Likes

I’m drawing a blank on who the other Ptitsburgh DB is that we had last year. I was thinking it was Mike Hughes, but it’s not.

Agree 100%.
Deep DB draft class can focus on best player available at 6, with Holmes watch the lines.

2 Likes

Sure it wasn’t a LB…Board?

1 Like

Yep, last year our group did the opposite, targeted 36 times and gave up 71 receptions.

4 Likes

We would definitely have to trade Okudah if that was the route we chose.

Again, these guys aren’t Sauce or Surtain I don’t like the idea of reaching for a CB need at #6.

Tyree or Skoronski keep on hammering the lines like we’ve been doing IMO

3 Likes

He was Ravens

1 Like

LET’S GO! You get it!

1 Like

Very nice signing. What I like about this the most, outside of Sutton filling an immediate need, is that they shouldn’t have to feel the need to reach for corner at 6 just because it’s a need that has to be filled. They still need some help but this affords them more of a luxury to draft corner later, in what is the deepest position in the class.

2 Likes

Board came ftom Baltimore

@Thats2 @JerseyJungle It was Gilbert the year before.

4 Likes

Anyone able to find out what were the pre-FA contract expectations for him? Did we overpay or get a deal? Seems like a very solid deal to me.