Lions sign OL Kayode Awosika and RB Justin Jackson

Detroit Lions

@Lions

#Lions have signed RB Justin Jackson to the Active Roster from the Practice Squad and re-signed T Darrin Paulo to the Practice Squad.

Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo

The #Lions are signing OL Kayode Awosika off the #Eagles’ practice squad. Undrafted free agent last year, Awosika has played both guard and tackle in Philly.

My guess is Kraemer to IR

1 Like

Wait, aren’t you supposed to poach players off of a practice squad, the week before you play them? This is some 3 dimensional chess Holmes and Campbell are playing.

11 Likes

Some info.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/alwaysimprovin1

Nigerian count + 1

I like the pipeline idea.

Kimda loke the Venezuelan pipeline the Tigers started w Miggy, then Guillen…

4 Likes

This is definitely next level leadership from Campbell. Some coaches like to say “we don’t worry about what they are doing, we need to worry about what we are doing!” Campbell is putting his money where his mouth is by picking up practice squad players from the previous weeks team. The new guy will be tasked with telling the group how the previous weeks gameplan worked out…from the perspective of the team that just beat us!

Brilliant!

2 Likes

The guard, V, had back surgery. Possibly done for the year. They’re not ruling it out.

1 Like

So who are all of the Nigerians on the roster now. I can name Levi, Jefe and AO off the top of my head. Who else comes to mind? I think we had 6 at one point.

Iffy?

1 Like

The Okwara brothers and Melifonwu are Nigerian as well.

3 Likes

I wonder if Kayode is wily??? :smirk:

4 Likes

Obinna Eze also

2 Likes

So that’s 8. Iggy was with us and Nigerian as well

There is a specific rule against that. I think you can’t get PS players from a team you play in the next 3 week. Not sure if that was a joke but thought I’d put the rule in just in case :-).

1 Like

A team can sign a player from their next upcoming opponent’s practice squad, but it must be done six days before the game, or 10 days if it is during the bye week

2 Likes

It sure sounds like it. As a Lions fan, I feel like Job. The football gods are testing me again and they won’t let up.

3 Likes

They obvious felt someone else would’ve signed Jackson.

1 Like

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

I love it too. All I can see is “Wakanda Forever!”
We have part of the Wakandan army on D, and need to draft the Hulk to play DT.

1 Like

plus if swift is really hurt, jackson is the fastest/ most shifty RB that can run like he can.

2 Likes

I’m all for keeping Swift’s touches down by using Jackson! The dude has averaged 5 yards per carry in his 4 year career. He’s very productive.

I’m also facing Swift in fantasy, so I’d recommend 10 carries max and really emphasize Jackson this week! ha ha

2 Likes