Lions sign Quinton Dunbar

only a “steal” if the guy turns out to be a bad ass player for us…then? it’s really something special…

I agree! I also read a report that Dunbar really connected with Aaron Glenn during his visit to the Lions facility. I think Glenn is really going to help the secondary develop and improve.

Coming off of a knee injury and having missed 24 games in the last 48 will depress your value. Might could be lots of upside for the Lions in the coming season, and if that’s the case, then for Brad’s comp pick game.

It is clear to me Dunbar is coming here to rebuild his brand with a coach who helped to make him a lot of $.

I see Brad Holmes as playing the field in a brilliant way. He is finding guys ho other teams paid high $ to get, they sour on them and he steps in and picks up the pieces.

Look at WR Tyrell Williams. He signed a BIG $ deal with the Raiders in 2019, got hurt, released and we get the value now. Look at Perriman. A talented WR who has been on HORRIFIC teams with terrible QB play but we get value despite his great average er catch number. We got Brockers for a damn 7th rd. draft pick and then extended him!

This team has holes but I am appreciating how Brad is working the talent available. Brilliant maybe?

2 Likes

And the nice thing about it is his staff has connections in many places. I could not stand trying to emulate the Patriots - philosophy, trading partners, draft strategy, everything. It was putrid. Now, we have connections to the Chargers, Rams, Saints, Eagles, Browns, etc. etc. and I feel have way more knowledge of NFL talent in general.

2 Likes

Suh was a game changer. I’d argue so was levy. Really wish his career wasn’t cut short by injury.

3 Likes

Listening to Campbell talk…I’d suit up for that guy.

1 Like

I can agree on Suh, at times. Levy I don’t see it.

Completely agree. I feel like Levy is undervalued here. Dude was a friggin’ monster.

Dorsey brings a ton of valuable experience to the front office as well, which we’ve never had in my lifetime.

1 Like

Levy had 6 ints in 2013 from the linebacker position, that is incredible. The entire 2020 Lions defense had 7 for comparison.

2 Likes

dude was a monster - especially given the type of freedom he had playing behind that particular DL. Awesome to watch.

1 Like

Levy had the ability to cover slot receivers from time to time. That’s a huge impact for the defense even though it doesn’t show up on the stat sheet.

2 Likes

And then the Dick fish got into his slot