Lions sign Quinton Dunbar

His knee was fugged up all last year. He had to have off season surgery

1 Like

Just let MCDC get his teeth in there and clean those kneecaps out

1 Like

Like almost all of the Holmes-Campbell acquisitions, the message is, “Do your thing. Prove to us and the rest of the NFL what you deserve. Maybe that means we’ll have to re-sign you at a big premium, because you prove yourself indispensable. Maybe it means we won’t even be able to afford you. In that case, good for you.”

2 Likes

Or maybe it means we harvest magic beans out of them via comp picks :grinning:

We are all powerful manifestors. It’s part of how Lions have sucked for so long. Everyone in the country believes we suck. It takes a lot os FORCE to change that. Our words are like prayers. Everyone in the country, even our own fans have been praying for things to go wrong, with such committed expectations of loss.

Dan and Chris have a lot of FORCE…Sheila has more force than her parents did…the new coaches are DUDES…that have force and commitment to their words…they can stand up to the energy of the negativity. More committed and forceful prayers matter more than 1/2-ass, non-committal (Patricia) B.S. ones.

We are generating force. Putting faith in something different (winning). Putting faith in ourselves. We have a chance now to at least drastically move the needle in the right direction.

I’m applying my energy where I want it to go, with intention. My energy is big, strong, and committed. I am aware that there are millions of other energies going in other directions as well. Such an interesting dynamic to witness on a daily basis.

2 Likes

Correct…and …unfortuanately…correct. What if we would have drafted Bosh? How well would he have fit on that team? Anthony?

Imagine if that team had Dwayne Wade…

2 Likes

Rasheed got lazy after we won our title too.
I always thought we should have traded him for Garnett (who was on the block at the time). KG is really good freinds with Billups, and had a good relationship with Saunders as well.
Our guys lost accountability when Brown left. They got a soft coach for a tough team. Losing Campbell hurt more than ppl realize. Same with James. Damn it. If that had shaken down just a little differently…

Billups
Wade
Hamilton
Prince
Wallace
Garnett
Hunter
James
Daaaamn it!
We became the NBA’s equivalent of the Buffalo Bills.

1 Like

We need money to resign Wallace and Billups… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

God yes. If there was ever a person, time and place to move on after the championship, he, then and that was it. I was willing it to happen, but no. INot that I didn’t like him, but he served his purpose. I think electing to keep him when he was just starting his decline was what hurt that team the most. I’m not sure we could have signed Garnet, but we could have injected youth into the lineup in Sheed’s place.

1 Like

Right - when Wade came off of his rookie deal, we would lose some ppl, for sure. Wade in Darko’s salary. Garnett in Sheed’s - the other stuff is as is (already in place/no difference).

Absolutely! SO talented, and his lazy D cost us a title vs the Spurs. Damn it.

It’s the veteran’s minimum. What a steal.

2 Likes

Wow. Was waiting to see what we had to pay, great deal.

W o r d!

So we got Dunbar for 1.1m. Comp picks in tact.

I can’t believe that Holmes got Anzalone and Dunbar signed for next year for 2.9m combined. Crazy.

Fwiw, Marlowe got the same deal as Dunbar.

3 Likes

Seems Elder was also the vet. minimum. Players want to play for this staff.

4 Likes

Unreal that we got him for vet minimum. I was thinking it would be between 3-4 million one year deal. We’ve put a staff together that allows this. In the recent past, its been just the the reverse… we’ve had to over-pay.

3 Likes

then, maybe, but you cannot know who may come here and be good all over again., we had Tate ,and Kenny G , and MJ was making plays, Stafford was a gamer, Suh,

Since Dunbar signed for the minimum before the draft… this is really interesting to me.

Dunbar is a guy that I would think would be willing to bet on himself with the goal of playing well enough to get a larger contract next year. One key to doing that is to be on the field most of the time

I can’t believe that the Lions would have told them they are NOT going to draft a CB early… and I can’t imagine they promised him a starting spot without having to earn it.

So… maybe his agent and him just felt confident that signing early would persuade the Lions not to draft a CB in the top 1-2 rounds???

Or maybe he is just a cannibal… hungry for kneecaps?

2 Likes