Lions signing Jamie Collins

The backup plan when the Van Noy to Detroit deal went south (so to speak)?

But the last year of that contract is pretty likely to suck.

Even if he’s 80% of what he was last year, he’s the best linebacker since Levy

1 Like

those are next year just examples of how you cover cost from this signing this season. Fans complaining of cost. Two LBs in 2021 will likely be gone that cost over 10 mil this season.

It sounds like this is effectively a 2 year deal for $18mil. The infatuation with former Patriots goes on, but I can’t argue with the terms. It does make me wonder why they resigned Christian Jones however. Have they given up on Davis?

Not sure why you would think that. We signed J. James to a big deal last year and then drafted Hock. Can’t really rule anything out until after the fact. I don’t think anyone is truly off the table until they’ve been selected by another team in front of us.

1 Like

We needed a lb that can cover, Collins will help that alot. He’s a little old maybe but great fit.

1 Like

Great point and as much as I hated the Hock pick I’d replace every linebacker from last years team except Tavai

We still need another linebacker or 2n

1 Like

Where does he play in our defense?

HEY Thanson , it has been a real long time since I’ve seen you. Welcome back brother !

As to your question, I’m not certain myself but man our defense was dog puke last season, I’m not upset by Collins’ signing ….just hope he helps to improve that side here in 2020.

1 Like

2018 Davis is a solid player. Uneven but solid. He was really good during the close of ‘18. If we get ‘18 Davis along with Collins and Tavai and Jones is mostly on the bench that could be a pretty good group. Davis definitely has to play much better than last year though.

Hopefully we will see Collins, Tavai, and Davis. I’m sure they will all be interchangeable.

Thanks, I have been checking in once and awhile. With MLive turning comments off I hope this site will get going.

1 Like

unless Simmons is a S.

Linebanker

1 Like

Good to see you, thanson

1 Like

Haha, yeah. But which one?

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate it!

He’s an Outside Linebacker. In the games I watched last year of New England, he was lining up on the defensive right side. KVN was on the defensive left side. Here that would suggest he’s taking Christian Jones snaps.

1 Like

likely we did pick a LB i kinda like near end of last year Christian Sam OLB

Year Pos Ht Wt 40yd Bench Broad Jump Shuttle 3Cone Vertical
2018 ILB 74 244 4.75 28 114 4.25 7.03 32.0

Think he needs to just work steady he had injury first year an once you start to bounce around different teams just never seem to fit. 6rd pick in 2018