Lions to meet with Quentin Johnson WR TCU

I do think WR depth is a need

Not the best class, but some high floor guys for sure

Im on the xavier hutchinson train personally, dude was tge offense for iowa state, and he will be there with our seconds for sure

Makes me think Chark is not likely back.

Regardless if Chark comes back or not I think the Lions are looking to draft a WR at some point.

1 Like

I agree. But we can add Chark’s speed or Chark’s size but not both. not in this class.

1 Like

I have said before every draft get a WR not always rd 2 but get one same with DB mainly CB they are pricey players who are not heavily involved in every snap but cost a lot

1 Like

The Packers did a really good job of this at WR for many years. Then when they stopped stocking the shelves it was noticeable, and ultimately ended up in a situation where they were forced to take guys and immediately put them on the field.

2 Likes

@Mr.Peabody the Packers were pretty set up for success.

1. Let’s have two back to back HoF QBs for 30 years.
  2. Get other dudes
1 Like

Give me Cedric Tillman, AT Perry, or Matt Landers to take Charks spot and I’m happy.

Landers is unlikely to add much early, if at all, IMO. Either of the other two at 81 are fine by me. I think Tillman could be a load as a run blocker. I think he would be my preference over Perry.

Oh so Landers is basically Chark then, perfect! :joy::wink:

I’m taking Tillman @ 55 :man_shrugging:t2:

Is your stepson a Chark or something?

I don’t mind the WR picks, the contracts are 2nd only to QBs. Keeping WRs on 5 year rookie deals is a creative way to keep your salary cap under control.

It might actually be a better way to go about building a team than the rookie QB contract just because striking out on QB is so easy to do.

2 Likes

Johnston ran a 4.49 and 4.50 at his pro day today. Slightly disappointing.

2 Likes

And if that is hand timed you have add 3 seconds.

1 Like

Seems fast enough.

4 Likes

He ran a 7.5 lol

I’m not pressed by Johnson. He is big and fast… but doesn’t play physical enough for his size, he doesn’t catch with his hands… and isnt a separator (which is typical for his size… but doesn’t use his body that well)

4 Likes

Translation: he is closer to a 4.6 guy electric timed. Closer to amon ra speed. (No where near the true 4.40 speed claimed. Not 6’4" either (6’2 5/8 isnt short im just making a point).

Not a natural catcher

Bad route runner

He scares me

3 Likes

I don’t really get a good feeling about him either. Not a big Addison guy either. JSN is the guy I’d take in the 1st. If we don’t get him, I’d rather wait until day 2.

3 Likes

This is a weak wr class. JSN is the top imo. I have zay flowers, addison, and more ahead of QJ. I like Rice a lot… but not for our team. He doesnt get separation.

JSN has uber elite change of direction skills. He will be open 24-7

From his pro day…“Somewhat disappointing day for TCU WR Quenton Johnston at the Frogs’ pro day. Expected to blow people away with a 4.4 type 40-clocking, the times reported for Johnston were all in the 4.50 range – and that’s the unofficial time – suggesting that he actually may have timed closer to 4.55 or even 4.60. Johnston also had a couple of drops on the day. The buzz around the league, though, at least for the moment is that teams know how fast he plays and combine that with his size (6-3, 212) he still figures to be in the mix to be the first receiver off the board next month.”

1 Like