Lions will take Kyle Pits because Dan is a tight end?

Ok so you’re saying teams take players off their board if that player is not a position of need… by your logic… the Raiders and Chiefs would not draft Kyle Pitts if he miraculously fell that far in the draft and there are no other top 10 ranked players available (Kyle Pitts is top five by many reputable sources). I see. Makes sense.

The Center and Punter comment is so lame it doesn’t even make sense cus there are none that would be BPA where the Lions are picking.

Yes they do …

How do you know who will be available when their on the clock?

Just a random search. But by your logic… chiefs wouldn’t even have tight end on their board so no way in hell they would draft Kyle Pitts at even number 31.

In terms of where they are picking, I’m talking exclusively of the Lions seventh pick.

Clearly your not understanding. Or you just want to argue… So this will be my last post on the subject.

KC’s starting TE is 31 years old. My guess is they feel TE is probably a need for them. I wouldn’t say KC is set at TE… but who knows what they think.

Teams who use BPA strategy pass on the BPA on the board all the time.

I can promise you that every team in the NFL has positions they take off their board. Obviously it’s per round based.

If teams do it the way you think they do it then their board would have every player in the draft ranked right? … have you ever seen a leaked draft board?

It’s not like you think it is.

“The 31 -year-old just so happens to be in the prime of his career having just broke the single-season receiving yards record by a tight end and recording five-straight 1,000-yard seasons.”

Also just saying by your logic… Dolphins, Falcons, Broncos, Giants don’t have Pitts on their board at all for their first round pick. I find that very hard to believe.

Why is he “more skilled”?

Waller was a WR in college who has significantly more plays on tape making catches down the field than Pitts does… and Waller ran 4.46 at the combine (more impressive than a 4.44 pro day time)… and Waller had a better vertical jump and agility times.

So… how is he more skilled???

And… where is that 35% in line number coming from?

Waller lined up “tight” over 60% of the time in 2020… and was outside about 7% of the time.

Waller wasn’t lined up outside beating CBs on his way to 100+ catches… he did it as a TE matched up against LBs and safeties.

Pitts himself lined up “tight” 60% of the time at Florida in 2020 and also 2019… in a college spread offense.

The hype machine is working on overdrive for this one.

I’d didn’t say that but nice way to twist it.

So much for an honest discussion.

Peace.

I usually give every regime 3 years to underachieve. lol

2 Likes

U said “Yes they do …”

Uh… you said teams remove players from their board if they don’t fill a position of need.

Tight end is not a position of need for the Falcons, Dolphins, Broncos, Giants…

So that means those teams don’t hAve Kyle Pitts on their board, which means they would not draft Pitts

If Pitts is there at 7, Lions should trade the pick to Jerry Jones cause the boys apparently covet him.

1 Like

Yes I did. Teams do this. It’s a known fact. Chose to ignore it if you want.

This is where you go off the rails and try to be dishonest and have a dishonest conversation. I have no desire to play games or put words in other posters mouths.

For the record I never said anything like this … You did.

You have no idea what those teams have planned or what they view as their needs. So you have no idea who they have on their board anymore than I do. So why try to make claims like this or worse try to insinuate I am making claims like this?

Why is it so hard to be honest and have an honest conversation for some?

Lol. What a joke.

You said teams remove players from their board if they aren’t a need.

It’s a fact the teams I listed don’t have tight end as a NEED. Maybe Atlanta could use a tight end cus Hurst underperformed.

Otherwise

From your very own logic any person can reasonably interpret that means those teams don’t have tight end on their board , hence no Kyle Pitts

Don’t make lame definitions of BPA and not even use that definition in your argument

Ok so tell me what it means for teams to remove players that are not a need from their board.

Tight end is not a need for the teams I listed.

Kyle Pitts is a tight end.

What does that suggest?

Lmao

I didn’t realize you worked for those teams and help set up their board… interesting.

Your still trying to have a dishonest conversation and put words in my mouth. Now you claim to know my thoughts.

Wow … I had no idea you knew what I thought and what every NFL team thought. Are you a mind reader or fortune teller?

Can you give me the Lottery numbers please.

Bro. Did you not start your post off in this threat on how you would not expect the Lions to not draft Pitts. Let me ask you the same question. Do you work for the Lions? Did you not claim yourself that tight end is not a need for the Lions? How come I can’t say tight end is not need for the Broncos (Fant), Giants (Engrams), Dolphins (Geseski), and Falcons (Hurst).

Are you a mind reader yourself?

Make hypocritical comments all you want with the definition of BPA that you created.

—-

Let me ask you your same question. How can you claim that teams take players off their board when it’s not a position of need? Do you work for them? Do you make their boards)? Bro knock it off with the hypocritical comments.

This could be such a fun game!!!

• Lions will take _____ because Bobby Ross is a ______?

• Lions will take _____ because Jim Schwartz is a ______?

• Lions will take _____ because Matt Patricia is a _______?

Mad Libs for for Lions Coaches…

Jesus, of course teams consider need when determining BPA for THEIR draft board.

If a team had Tom Brady in his prime, should they then draft Aaron Rodgers in their next draft, and then draft DeShaun Watson in the draft after that. How many QBs should a team draft just because a QB that’s considered BPA is available at their slot?

Teams don’t do that. They would remove that player from their board.

If a team feels they are set a TE, why shouldn’t they remove TEs from consideration on their draft boards.

2 Likes

Yes they consider need obviously. Do they REMOVE players from their board just cus it’s not a position of need?

So do you consider tight end a need for the Broncos? Giants ?

So are you saying they don’t got Pitts on their board ?

You’re telling me Lions don’t got Pitts on their board ?

How the hell would you know ?

I like what Bill Polian said. “Alot of teams use the BPA approach and stick to their boards. However, it’s amazing how often players at need positions receive a little higher grade than maybe they would otherwise.”

2 Likes