Lions will take Kyle Pits because Dan is a tight end?

I was going to bring up this very point but it was clear @Lions really didn’t want to hear it or have an honest conversation about it. It was obvious he just wanted a confrontation. So I didn’t want to dive deeper into it and explain more.

Also many teams who use the BPA approach move up and down the board to get positional value that meets their needs. For example MIA. They moved down to 12 and back to 6. You don’t do that unless you have specific targets that fill a need. They are targeting the BPA at that spot that fits a need.

All I want to know is how you can say the Lions can REMOVE Pitts off their board cus he apparently isn’t a need while we can’t come to the same conclusion on the Dolphins, Broncos, Giants, and Falcons (all of which have a legit starting tight end already).

It’s really that simple bro. And don’t tell me cus I don’t work for those teams. Do you work for the lions?

The Lions, Dolphins, Broncos, Giants and Falcons would all be silly to draft Pitts with their 1st round pick where they stand right now. Not only is it terrible value for a TE, Pitts won’t even be the best player available at the time. So they would literally be bypassing BPA to draft a TE in a spot that’s too high for a TE. And that’s before going into need.

1 Like

Fair enough. We will just see where he goes and how he turns out.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to the Bengals. The Bengals do dumb chit all the time.

I agree with your stance on not taking a TE high in the draft, specifically Top-10. But I’m assuming that is with the traditional definition of an old-school TE. Kyle Pitts is not that player and doesn’t fit that definition. He’s neither a WR or a TE…he is both.

Is Pitts a TE or a WR? Substitute the “OR” with “AND” and that is what seems to be the tremendous value of drafting Pitts. You’re getting a player that can’t be defined by one single positional title (WR or TE).

Pitts is a WR …“AND” …a TE.

1 Like

Simple question - If you see him as a WR where do you rank him vs the other available WR’s?

Here let me show you their numbers for the last season they played.

Chase’s last season 84rec, 1780yrds, and 20 TD’s

Smith 117rec, 1856yrds, and 23 Tds

Pitts 43 rec, 770yrds, and 12 TDs.

Waddle 28 rec, 591 yrds 4tds

My point is that value comes in the fact that he’s a TE not a WR. He was ranked first among TE’s but not by much. In comparison the next best TE was Long.

TE- Hunter Long had 57rec 685yrds and 5tds.

Fair point.

What if we played this scenario out. Swap out player for player (Pitts for Chase) at LSU 2019.

• Kyle Pitts is Chase in 2019 for hypothetical purposes.
  • Pitts lines up in the exact same formation and position (as Chase did)
  • All the targets from Burrows are exactly the same
  • Everything is identical, except swap out Pitts for Chase

Would Pitts produce same/less/more in the identical situations?

Clearly less

Pitts averaged 14.9 yrds per catch
Chase averaged 19.6 yrds per catch
Smith average 16.84 yrds per catch

Chase averaged 6.92 yrds after the catch
Smith average 8.77 yrds after the catch. Which was second in the NCAA only to Waddle.
Pitts averaged 2.77 yrds after the catch.

I agree with this 100%. I’m done soapboxing about it. When the doubters see him picked higher than us by a team that likely already has a good TE1 maybe they’ll understand. Maybe not. Oh well. I’ll just say I’d be very excited to have him on our team but there are other players I love too. Going to trust the pros on this one.

1 Like

Ok and Marvin Hall averaged 50 yards per catch (exaggerating).

Just google best pass catcher in the nfl draft. Let me know who comes up by the most reputable sources.

Learn proper grammer

Thank you! Exactly.

Call him whatever you want. But if you call him “the best player available” in the top 10 of the draft you are making a mistake.

If the question is who is the better WR, its Chase and its not even debatable. Pitts is an inferior WR to guys like Smith and Chase.

Lol funny how about you go ahead and make the correction to what you quoted you little grammar police. Tell me what you do as your job and we’ll see who’s more educated.

If you expect to see full on complete sentences, then go read some books and/or published articles.

Wow… Don’t got the time to deal with this nonsense…grow up

Comical…are you for real? This forum is to have discussions regarding lions not calling out and instigating internet fights. C’mon lets keep it civil

Unless they put WR by his name… Then he just likes big tall WR’s and is neither a liar nor fraud.