List your biggest FOMO player

It’s a good way to strengthen a strength. I think though with this many holes, its a luxury

The “potential out” that is listed on Spotrac.com is not a player option for Decker.
That is where he could be released if necessary by the Lions with a manageable cap hit.

I could also see the Lions starting Sewell out at ORT since he does not have a ton of playing experience yet, and he has plenty of power in the run game to work well on that side. Lane Johnson isn’t complaining about his salary at ORT… so it may not be a deal breaker. Would be interesting how Sewell responds to that question if asked by the Lions.

Thanks

I read somewhere he had a potential out after next year and misunderstood it I guess.

Anyway the point remains. I wouldn’t want Decker much past the age 31 anyway. So I can understand the argument for Sewell. But if I’m the GM and I have my choice between Sewell, Smith, Parsons, Waddle and Pitts then I’m taking Parsons. But I can admit I’m a little biased towards fixing the defense.

1 Like

[quote=“Air2theThrown, post:38, topic:9939”]
we drafted Sewell that high it would be to play LT.

Decker would be your right tackle and he has played at RT.

Why would you move your 5 year vet at LT and move him to RT when all tackles want to play the left side and is considered an elite position. That has a good chance at backfiring on the staff.

Would rather draft Parsons and get the best right guard, right tackle or receiver at 41

Well …

1. He’s played there before.
  2. He’s been an average to slightly above average LT.

If your making that draft pick then you have to think that Decker can handle the challenge.

I’d love Parsons at 7OA and a WR at 41.

If you take Parsons at 7OA then your almost forced to take a WR round two and run with the OT’s you have in my opinion.

If you take Sewell at 7OA your almost forced to go offense most of this draft and address the defense next year.

I want difference makers and I see D. Smith and M. Parsons as the two biggest ones in the draft.

First post here on this topic.

My FOMO is if a reasonable trade down is there, the Lions pass. I believe this will be a poor, but a good poor year, maybe 4 - 6 wins. So, why not grab as many “FunCoupons” you can lay your hands on while you’re still drafting high?

The future gentlemen, is out there…

1 Like

Chase and Sewell for me…

Pitts has me intrigued as well on what he may turn out to be!

1 Like

Ben Mason, a throwback to the Spielmans and Schlesingers. I need more commentary on Sunday’s about bent facemasks, etc.

This!!!

I’m on record as being a pretty big fan of C Barmore and also a real big fan of many of the right side OL players and Elijah Moore.

I would be on the phone right now offering Jerry Jones the #7 for the #10 and Michael Gallup… there is a reasonable chance we get the same player we’d want at 7, and add a budding 24 year old WR the Cowboys can’t afford to resign next year.

At #10 the whole board is open…

Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Lance, Pitts, Chase, Sewell, that’s 7… Mac Jones, Smith, Waddle, and R Slater still there is at least 2 making it to #10,
Plus EVERY DEFENDER!

Could be another trade down for a WR or Mac Jones with a legit starting WR already in tow.

1.Parsons
2. D Nixon
3. Trade both into late 2 for best RT/RG
4. Darden

Here’s how weird I am about Smith this year. Even if we took Waddle and he put up the same production as Smith, I would still feel some type of way about not having Smith. I could watch Monday Night Football and see Waddle do what Smith did in the national championship game and just enjoy watching the kid play. But if Smith does the same thing, I’m watching it with a pit in my stomach.

Not to get too sidetracked in this thread, but the Rams weren’t very good until McVay got there. So if you are going to put the Giants record on OBJ, you have to apply the same logic to Aaron Donald. In fact the Rams were 4-12 the year before McVay got there, which was the same year the Giants went 11-5.

I love Smith (comp’d him to Jerry Rice over six months ago now), but I also understand that one of the major draft failings is this sort of blinders-on prospect love. This is everyone’s complaint about Quinn ‘falling in love’ with a guy and becoming blind to the board around him. This is Jahvid Best videos at night in the dark stuff.

The guy I’m most worried about missing out on is JOK, but if we draft someone like Jamin Davis and he has an equivalent impact, I’ll be thrilled. If we draft Waddle and he plays as well as Smith did in the National Championship game, how could you not love that (regardless of what Smith is doing)?

He’s never going to live down that comment is he? LOL

2 Likes

[quote=“Thats2, post:51, topic:9939”]
This is everyone’s complaint about Quinn ‘falling in love’ with a guy and becoming blind to the board around him. This is Jahvid Best videos at night in the dark stuff.

Not even ashamed. Bring in the right pieces, and this O could be amazing. Let first rounder come to us, hopefully trade down, and snag BPA between T and WR, which will likely actually be the BPA.

Target this guy specifically, and be willing to trade up to get him, if that’s what it takes.

Trade back - Waddel - J-Will - OT
OR
Trade back - Slater - J-Will - WR

Then next season, we hope to land our Incredible Hulk DT, add a badass WR in the first couple rounds, and spend the rest of the draft on BPA with a heavy defensive lean. Same with FA, as we’ll have more cap room next offseason.

Huge fan of Williams. He’s one of my favorite players in the draft.

Unfortunately I think he’s be a luxury pick too.

DeVonta Smith.

His lone weakness is that he’s 10-15 lbs too light. He’s one of the best route runners I’ve ever seen, has the best hands of any receiver in this draft and has a really underrated catch radius, plus he has an understated toughness that alleviates the size concerns for me.

I fear that they get so fixated on speed that they take Waddle over him then we watch Smith has a HoF career elsewhere while Waddle becomes a guy who makes some big plays but overall is pretty limited.

Fields is another guy who could make a lot of GMs eat crow. There’s some risk with him but he has the type of potential that if reached would make a lot of people wonder why so many teams passed on him if he falls out of the top 10.

I think most will see it this way.
I think he helps us win a lot.
Is J-Will (from packers) making too much money to be a #3? I’m not a cap guy.

I’m a fan of how things work in the NFL, and what you can get done with creativity (in terms of FAs, contracts, and making deals happen).

Let’s get this guy on board.

Maybe but I’m of the belief that you can never have enough good RB’s and I am all for drafting a RB every two seasons or so. But I don’t think it’s happening this year. I’m fairly confident of that too.

We need two WR’s, a OT, a LBsr, a NB, a CB and possibly two safeties all more than we need a RB.

But Williams is one of those guys that if we did draft him that I would be excited to get. I’d love to have the guy.

1 Like

My comment about Waddle was more about watching him on MNF playing for another team tearing it up. Its not going to bother me in the slightest. Virtually no other player is going to “bother” me by playing well for another team…except Smith. I don’t even fully understand it myself. Because its not like I’m pounding the table to draft him, or that I even have him as my highest rated player.

1 Like

Fair enough, but I would posit that, given the right coaching staff, an Aaron Donald and a great DT is more valuable still than a great WR. It’s easier to gameplay against OBJ than Donald. A player disrupting the pocket every play…

Nightmare scenario since Miami traded back up to 6 would be QBs 1-4, Bengals select Sewell, and Miami takes Parsons.