List your top five for 6 and 18

Changes day to day but as of now at 6 in order: (assuming Anderson is gone)

Carter
Wilson
Gonzo
JSN
Young

At 18:

Witherspoon
Bijan
Van Ness
Murphy
Breese

@ 6
QB
QB
QB
QB
QB

@18
TE
TE
TE
TE
TE

I Cant Help Myself Set It Off GIF by filmeditor

1 Like

You’re on a tear today! :joy: (thats laughing with you. Not at you btw)

1 Like

I considered a RB, but can’t pass on the best Tight end available. You just can’t. My rookie QB is going to need a top TE. :wink:

I like that Pettigrew guy at 18. The most complete TE in the draft. Like having an extra lineman!

1 Like

Shouldn’t your 5 at 18 be the same as your 5 at 6?

Haha exactly, 1st round Rookie QB - Stafford needed his first round rookie TE. It’s science.

1 Like

well…yes. But I’m also thinking about who is likely available. Similar to why I didn’t add Anderson to the number 6 list. I suspect most people here would have him number one. At that point it’s a defacto top four list

You’re the top draft guy here Thats. Curious see who you got

6:

Carter
Gonzo
Young
Van Ness
Richardson

Bijan
JSN
P Johnson
Washington
Q Johnson

1 Like

Young
AR15
Anderson
Stroud
Tyree

JSN
Bijan
Johnston
Nolan
Van Ness

1 Like

I actually think it’s a very difficult question to answer, the draft is always bonkers and the simulators usually prove to be way, way off by draft day. I feel as though I need to list ten guys to cover 18. But at a guess I’d go:

Bryce Young
Will Anderson
Jalen Carter
CJ Stroud
Jaxon Smith-Njigba
Anthony Richardson

(my overall top 6, so I included an extra one)

At #18, provided everyone above is gone:

Christian Gonzalez
Joey Porter Jr.
Devon Witherspoon
Nolan Smith
Tommy Adebawore

Well said.

What’s with the JSN fascination at 6 no less? He’s just another slot receiver. Of course you don’t draft for need but I’m taking Johnston over JSN as I feel they’re fairly equal and he fills a bigger need.

Personally, I want a D-Lineman at 6. Carter, Wilson, maybe even Van Ness, too early for Kancey?

Gimme Johnston, Bijan, Kancey or top corner at 18.

This is kind of hard to do because this draft is so tightly clustered after the top 5. Those I listed at 18 could apply to 6 as well.

3 Likes

That’s a really good point, the bigger need is for an outside receiver, unless Chark resigns. but the kid is pretty unreal in his ability to get open and I think just put up historic numbers for the three cone and 20 yard split.

There’s also some chatter about sending ARSB on deeper routes this year. I’m all for giving Ben Johnson and Goff more surehanded weapons

1 Like

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Because I and @HSVLion and others have argued JSN could be an outside receiver. The next Justin Jefferson? I don’t know, but everyone thought he was slot only as well.

3 Likes

Greatest show on turf part two coming up for the Lions

1 Like

I’ll assume Young, Stroud, Anderson are all off the board.

6OA - I really hope there is a team in love with one of the QB’s and Holmes is able to move back a few spots. If he cannot than my top 5:

1 - Jalen Carter
2 - Tyree Wilson
3 - Peter Skoronski
4 - JSN
5 - Q Johnson

At 18:

1 - Joey Porter Jr
2 - D Witherspoon
3 - Van Ness
4 - Nolan Smith
5 - Bijan Robinson

3 Likes

Bresee at 18

1 Like

I’ve gone pretty much full circle on Carter in the last couple weeks. From wishing somehow the Lions could get him to being trepidatious to thinking full turd territory to thinking it wouldn’t be awful to again hoping we draft him

1 Like