List your top five for 6 and 18

It may sound crazy but I feel like Carter has his best career possible here. We have the right people in the right places to ensure he is given everything required to be successful both on and off the football field.

2 Likes

Ideally we go TE at 6, such an important position in this offense!

Trade up for one would make a lot of sense as well.

1 Like

Yeah, no he’s not. He’s different.

Spewing Tyler Perry GIF by Nickelodeon

2 Likes

Maybe we just trade 6 for Hock?

@6
Trade down
Carter
Gonzo
Wilson
JSN

@18
Any of the guys at 6+Spoon if we didnt get Gonzo
Bijan
Quentin
God of The Dead
Cancey or AA, tough call.

1 Like

God of the Dead, I like the Jerry Garcia pick at 18
It has indeed been a long strange trip
And the Lions have given us all a touch of gray

1 Like

My top 5 would be
1 Stroud
2 Carter
3 Anderson
4 Witherspoon
5 Skoronski
I can’t do 18 because I would most likely take a player I did not expect to be there like Skoronski.

1 Like

At Pick No. 6 overall
Anderson
Carter
Richardson
Stroud
Gonzalez

At Pick 18
Kancey
Robinson
Witherspoon
Simpson
Torrance

1 Like

6:
QB 4 (Levis or AR)
Edge Anderson if he checks out.
Edge Wilson
OT Johnson
OT Skoronski

18:
WR Q Johnston
CB Banks
RB Robinson
Edge BPA
DT Kancey I guess

1 Like

He basically lived in the slot in college. His strength is route running down the middle on intermediate routes, he’s not a burner and he’s not going to catch a lot of deep balls. Very good player but kind of redundant with Amon Ra IMO.

Again, this was what everyone said about Jefferson too. And maybe you’re right. But I would do a lot of research into whether he can play outside or not. Because if you want to know what type of receiver would be a perfect fit in our offense, it’s Justin Jefferson. And yeah, Jefferson blazed at the combine, but coming in everyone was expecting 4.6s. Same true of JSN? Maybe we’ll find out tomorrow.

2 Likes

Jefferson is a special case. It’s a lot of projection based on something JSN hasn’t proven that he’ll be a big play guy on the outside at the next level.

They do have Jamo as the potential deep threat guy but I really prefer a bigger receiver if they’re going to draft one especially if all else is fairly equal. Then again I guess it’s hard to complain if the Lions added another elite route runner, can never have enough of those I suppose.

1 Like

@6 same as you

@18

Bijan Robinson (Help Goff out as much as possible)
Devon Witherspoon
Joey Porter
Nolan Smith
Adebawore
Kancey (If we go Carter at 6) then Lukas Van Ness

I couldn’t cut it to 5 for the 18 pick… my bad lol

2 Likes

JSN will be a very good receiver, maybe elite.
But i don’t get the lack of love for Quentin Johnson on the board.
They’re neck and neck.
But the board has JSN as 6 and Q. Johnson only at 18.

Quentin Johnston is a monster. Dude’s yards after catch is insane. tbh i won’t mind him or JSN… I just love JSN because he fits our offense and having two very good route runners and a surgical QB in Goff it fits our offense.

2 Likes

No they’re not.

Have you watched Quentin Johnston try to run routes? It looks hard for him to create separation. JSN does it in his sleep.

1 Like

The plan was for him to play outside a lot more this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the reason Day and the staff wanted him to rush back from his hamstring injury because they wanted him to get film outside. Unfortunately he was rushed back, reinjured it, was rushed back again, and strained it even worse than he did the first time.

With 6,

Trade up for Anderson?
Hope Anderson falls because of weird shit going down.
Trade down for WR, O-Line but pick up a next year’s one.
Wilson (not a terrible consolation prize IF we cannot move or get Anderson)

With 18,
Trade up for Top WR or Skoronski
Trade down a couple of spots and get Bijan and pick up a next year 2 or 3
Kancey
BPA

In case you missed the theme, I really would love to see us pick up some additional draft picks for next year in this year because there is no way that we will not be cutting a good chunk of our picks anyway. I think we end up with 4-6 rookies on this team. So I would rather we trade up for better talent or trade down for assets next year as numerous contracts are expiring.

The way I see it, we need about 300-350 pounds of DT, two backup QBs (one rookie, one vet), a WR for depth or better, and a LB or two. But I would love an additional rookie O-lineman for depth and development to keep a strength strong.

I think that we will sign a couple of these from bargain signing when cuts happen. So this is a young team, but I can see cut players looking at Detroit as a good option to go far into the playoffs. I think there are a couple of one year deals to be made on the other side of the draft/cuts. There is a reason Brad is GM and I am a fan. But this is my opinion at this point.

1 Like

Agree with that.
QJ is the deep threat with more speed and great body control in the air.
If you value separation JSN is your man.
Not everyone does.

1 Like