Love/Hate: What ya saying Jamaal?

If you think Jamaal gets 17tds playing behind a different line and in a different offense then we will just have to disagree. No revisionist history there - just reality. And if you chose to read the entire post instead of just cherry picking one sentence you would see that I said he was available all year and ran hard. That combination is what worked. I loved Jamaal. But acting like he is the second coming of Barry Sanders is a little silly. BH and Lions management SAID they wanted to bring him back. I think they believed he earned it. So do I. But earning the right to come back and earning a premium contract are two very different things. Apparently Jamaal felt he earned a premium contract - The front office and I dare say most Lions fans would disagree. From a talent perspective there are a lot of players better than Jamaal. We just signed one. That is not disrespecting him. It is simple reality. It does not mean I was not in the camp of wanting him back. I just don’t think we should have spent more than market for him and apparently BH did not either. I am happy you have a man crush on him. I hope he does well in NO. But in my opinion he was disrespecting the team just as much as they were disrespecting him. He wanted to play the field while holding Detroit hostage. Brad said no - we need a decision by this date - he did not give them one. Brad moved on and in the process got a more talented RB. I am sorry you are butt hurt over that. Get over it. He is a Saint now and Montgomery is a Lion. Pick your team and move on.

I find it really hard to believe Detroit didn’t offer Jamaal at least what he got in New Orleans. And if he did get that offer and turned it down, he didn’t really care about playing in Detroit. He just said it because it sounds nice. It was always money first…and i don’t blame him for that.

He is 100% passing the Buck here and it’s obvious. He and his agent grossly overvalued themselves.

4 Likes

Agree 100%. I mean no disrespect to J at all. But if Swift had been healthy J gets half the touches he got at best. I appreciate that he was on the team and picked up the slack and did it really well. He was a true professional. But wanting to reset the RB market based on his 1 year stats was never gonna fly. He is lucky NO stepped up and signed him for what they did or who knows what he ends up playing for. I blame this on his agent although it could be him. I hope he does well in NO, he is easy to root for.

2 Likes

jim carey shhhh GIF

2 Likes

My point is

The stats change if you change something

Some might say
While the stats say Jamal wasn’t touched for 2.5 yards

How does that stand up if these are 1 or 2 yard touchdowns ?

Offensive line stat hurt because the lions were on the goal line unless you see the point is to score.

Pretty loaded because

One @JD9 just said he believe lions offered the same contract so that might mean he wanted more but by lions fans takes here , if he was offered that
Brad grossly over valued Jamaal too since DM is better therefore worth more than Jamaal.

Then add
If Swift stays healthy

Aren’t they now paying a lot to DM who also likely gets a third of the touches ? Or is DM better than Swift too ?

Your agent is someone you trust to look out for your best interest and you believe him as he knows more about the market conditions than you do. I believe JW trusted his agent, and the agent’s interpretation of the market was wrong, it happens.

I wish him the best, will always be one player I cheer for when not playing Detroit.

1 Like

Then how come Detroit has a population of more than 700,000 and New Orleans has a population of less than 400,000??

1 Like

Did he say that?

This was from the OP article: " According to reports, the [ Lions] front office made an offer that was similar in nature to David Montgomery’s."

Maybe true, maybe no, but SI found it legitimate enough to repeat

~

Probably old man yelling at clouds, but I’m pretty tired of professional athletes earning millions of dollars pulling the disrespect card. We have all negotiated for cars and houses. I have lowballed people, I have been lowballed. In no case was ‘respect’ part of the equation.

2 Likes

Because those 99.9% have chosen to live in places other NO or Detroit.

1 Like

Oh so that’s why Detroit doubles NOLA’s population :wink:

Well, that’s not exactly the angle I was responding from/towards but I knew you would respond with this, or, someone would.

1 Like

Also, where would you rather have your car built? New Orleans or Detroit

I’m going to go out and wash my Chevy this afternoon. It’s 70 degrees today in Portland

2 Likes

I’m
Tired of owners not having to pay for their bad decisions like the rest of us. I guess unless you’re big business and get a bail out.

Why should Martha be protected for giving flowers $90m and fans don’t get a break?

At least when athletes get paid
They’re usually spending in our economy and community … ie Ja Morant

2 Likes

Especially the agent.

2 Likes

Idaho is also more populated than Hawaii - so using your logic more people would choose Idaho over Hawaii given the choice. :joy::joy::joy:

There are many, many reasons to the above, and im not going to list them all. But one of the main reasons is that Detroit is literally one of, if the THEE, poorest places in America. Housing is next to nothing, and even if many wanted to leave, they don’t have the means. That doesn’t mean people would choose to live there.

Who are the 2 Detroit people who liked this comment lol. Please out yourselves

Having been to both, I’d rather live in Coeur d’Alene ID than Hawaii

3 Likes

Agreed if I can pick the 6 months. :innocent:

3 Likes

I very hardly doubt that. At least the stink lessens here during the winter.

I’ve also been to New Orleans. I’d rather live in Detroit. I’m sure some of that comes from my affinity to the Great Lakes. Plus no hurricanes in Detroit. And I don’t mind winters (I say all this from someone who has lived in Oregon for 22 years)

1 Like