Lynn likes Goff Decision Making

Yeah, I stop by Ramsrule every once in a while to be entertained by the confirmation bias from the opposite perspective.

I don’t really know Stafford well enough to know if he is going to be the elite player they think they have, but they are in the honeymoon phase so I don’t want to dour their wedding with my thoughts :-).

And won’t have McVay nagging him in the ear when he could be assimilating pre-snap what he has before him.

1 Like

I also expect Goff to turn his back a LOT less this season so he can actually watch the play unfold and doesn’t have to turn around and make a 1 second decision.

2 Likes

I think calling protections at the line of scrimmage is one aspect of Goff’s game that I think he can improve on. Hope having Ragnow helps him learn vs becoming reliant.

It’s been said a few times in different articles, but it’s not like I have a ton of data (no one does).

I’m pro-Goff and am still hoping and anticipating that he does well here. As I said, he’s shown before that he can be a good vertical passer, and I think it’s a good bet that he’ll be one here.

My point was that the very early returns seem to aligning with those more skeptical about Goff. It doesn’t make me panic, but it seems to be the results thus far none the less.

1 Like

Stafford is good, there’s been plenty of criticism’s on him for checking-down too much as well. It’s kind of a balance of sorts, check down some to bring the defense in and then try to throw over the top of the defense when they are creeping too close to the LOS.

His deep passes are usually just jump-balls, kind-of because he had those kind of WR’s that could win those jumpballs and those same WR’s didn’t offer much separation on their routes. It’s a recipe for injured WR’s though. I think he did better when we didn’t have CJ or a jumpball WR…but then he checked-down more instead of heaving-up jumpballs.

Stafford is a warrior…but more often than not he has some kind of injury that seems to hold him back from his full potential. People have blamed it on our O-line so it will be interesting to see if he can stay in one piece this year with that Rams O-line.

I don’t believe in Stafford as much as others do. I think the Rams would have been better-off adding talent to their offense for Goff than trading for Stafford…but I guess we’ll see.

3 Likes

Hock going to put up amazing #’s this year

I welcome any and all to continue talking about how he can’t throw it deep. Makes me giggle which makes me feel better (endorphins). Guess we will see in a month.

1 Like

Stafford is a good QB. I think that the Rams paid way too much to get him as I don’t think that there is as big of a gap between his talent at this stage in his career and Goff’s talent as some people seem to think. Stafford has also benefitted from having AJ Green (at Georgia) and Calvin Johnson (with us) for the best years (numbers wise) in his career.

As far as Goff goes he will have the worst WR corps of his NFL career this year so it’s not like there’s going to be a major game plan for deep passes. Also, why would the team highlight him throwing deep passes if nobody thinks he can do them. I’d expect the ball to be aired out more during the season than during training camp / preseason when the entire playbook is not for public display.

2 Likes

God I am going to enjoy watching Stafford play like crap this year and Goff outplay him.

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

6 Likes

On the flip side, Rams are celebrating Stafford going deep and throwing into double coverage. Boy this is an interesting season coming up!!

4 Likes

Man Stafford tries to make that throw week 7 against Okudah and that’s an easy INT!

2 Likes

Nice pass from Stafford to Woods…against some DB’s nobody’s ever heard of, JuJu Hughes and Brontae Harris.

Maybe he only threw that pass because it’s training camp but he had some wide open receivers with nobody around them and he still threw into double coverage. I think that’s Kupp or Higbee all by themselves at the bottom of the picture.

3 Likes

That’s what he does, though. He finds that spot between defenders. Over one, in front of the other.

The chick with the Ass though… :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

lmao dude that’s awesome!

3 Likes

Just as the Madden trailer prophesied!

1 Like

He won’t play like crap. He’ll play really well and then injure his back

2 Likes

Too funny.

Practice touchdown!!!

The Rock Omg GIF by NBC

1 Like