Mac Jones to Niners at 3? Or smokescreen?

In this case, it was his comments about being different than OSU’s previous QBs. The comment had nothing to do with his leadership skills

1 Like

Ok, so then what’s he supposed to say? “No, I’m exactly like those guys. You draft me? I’ll be the biggest bust in the history of your franchise.”

You know what I meant.

My point was Fields stated specifically he didn’t know OSU’s previous QBs personally yet he’s different from them? I suspect someone told him to say that. The comment doesn’t make sense imo.

That’s the beauty, in 3 years we will have a pretty good idea of who is right. You think he is going to be the best of this years bunch and I don’t share that opinion Guess we will see

I think he was maybe speaking more to the skills he possesses… and the narrative that he “won’t be good because previous OSU QBs weren’t good”. Daniel Jeremiah even brought this up yesterday because he had heard it, and he pointed out that scouts don’t buy that narrative.

Fields is certainly different than the shorter and less gifted OSU passers such as JT Barrett, Braxton Milller, and Troy Smith.

Fields is also much different than the much slower, tall QBs they have had who had big arms (Cardale Jones and Haskins).

Terrell Pryor was a gifted athlete who most physically compares to Fields in terms of size, speed, and strong arm. He also threw 26 INTs on 783 attempts in college, while Fields threw only 9 INTs on 618 attempts. Fields may need some more grooming, but he is miles ahead of where Pryor was as a passer.

2 Likes

The trade was made before Mac or Fields pro day. I think it’s TLaw, Wilson, Lance in that order for the 49er’s.

3 Likes

When the trade was made all of the top QB prospects had their pro day except for Fields. Remember, Mac threw at 2 different pro days.