Mack or Bosa?

I’ll take Mack for 1 season if we give up a 4th next year.

Mack > Bosa just based on health & productivity.

1 Like

yeah… Bosa has played more than 12 games in a season only 3 times in his 8 seasons.

They almost have to cut one of them. I’d wait for that to occur.

4 Likes

Mack. I wasn’t on this board back in 2018 when Mack was about to get traded from the Raiders, but if I was, I would’ve been pounding the table for us to make that move. Now, I obviously care a lot less, but if we have to move for one of them I’d want Mack.

That said, if I’m given option C, which is neither, then I’m picking option C.

4 Likes

Yup.

Mack is due a $5.5 million roster bonus next Friday on the 15th.

If they pay that… it pretty much locks them into paying another $17.5 million in salary for 2024… for a total of $23 million in new cash.

I think it is very unlikely they extend him at age 33…
and commit more guaranteed money…
unless it involved a pay cut.

If Mack stays in L.A…… I think he would need to take a massive pay cut like Romeo did last year.

also……

interesting note… Bosa has a $7 million roster bonus…
due on the SAME DAY as Mack’s roster bonus.
Bosa has a base salary of $15 million in addition to the roster bonus.

This situation is going to see a resolution by next Friday.

2 Likes

Mack a slight edge. But I’d take either one at the right price.

Bosa still had more sacks in 9 games that any other Lions lineman not named Hutch.

2 Likes

Chargers trying to drum up some interest….

leaking the “we’ve been getting calls” story…

I’ll take Hunter over either one. But of these two give me Mack.

1 Like

Yeah I think they are going to have to dump one of them. Just seeing if anyone will give them anything and take on their contact.

But they are going to go down to the last min before they do.

I’m actually pretty interested in Bosa if the deal is structured right. Brad’s a bit of a gambler when it comes to resurgent health plays. And Joey Bosa has just about as much upside as you’ll ever find in that kind of turnaround gamble.

He also seemed fairly unhappy there recently. Just based off of body language and what not.

1 Like

I dont see us paying Mack close to 18 million for next year…and I dont see any restructure/extension…

Jason La Canfora…???

Joey Bosa? Possible. But does Harbaugh ever make wrong moves?

Joe Hortiz is pretty good at talent evaluations as well. How about that setup, huh?

Hortiz works with John and then gets the GM job with Jim…yet, Jim was rumored not to have final say?

Jim just found his “yes” man…thats all.

Bosa for sure, either seems like a gamble at this point. That being said roll the dice with the person that has highest upside

So how much would we have to pay these guys? Money and years left on the contracts? I’d take Mack on a 1 year deal. Bosa could play another 5 years if his body holds up.

Mack would be 1-year and 17.5 million

Too much for me.

Bosa would be 15 million next and then 17 million in 2025.

I would take either one for those numbers.

And what draft capital?

They could extend and restructure Mack an extra year and let him Brockers his way into retirement after 2025. Cut his cap # down that way, more if you tack on a 2026 void year and pop his 15m salary into signing bonus type shenanigans.

Bosa same trick, just bigger longer and hopefully uncut.

hip hop joke GIF by South Park

2 Likes

For Mack maybe a 5th or 6th. For Bosa Maybe a 3rd and a conditional 4 or 5 next year based on his games played. I would not extend either of them. I’d rather pay them now before we have to start paying our own players.

1 Like

That is a an option…