Malik Willis had a good showing

Too bad his 2021 team didn’t have the talent of the 2020 team, I started a thread about that team half way thru the season because they were killing it. They could work him in like a Taysom Hill player sooner than later. I’m not sure he’ll ever be a starting NFL QB but as a backup and as a gadget player I think he could contribute.

For sure! Agreed. I’m thankful we have Hutch. Funny to say, but I think he’s showing signs of outperforming what I thought he’d do, at least as a rook.

1 Like

I watched the Giants last night. Was not impressed with Thibs. He ran very basic rushes. Almost to the point of wondering if he’s holding back until it counts. No film until it matters.

3 Likes

Yup - I question his “why”.
WTF are you doing out here? .
…representing yourself as a man?
… Building the brand?
…Working your guts out because your identity is tied to your job (football)?
…Having fun and deeply grateful because you get to do what you love?
…some combination of these?
The all important question…
Which of these energies is leading the way?
Thibz → building the brand
Hutch → working his MF’n ass off to get better every day…cuz that’s who he IS…not just what he does

1 Like

I think when you take someone at 2OA and committing that much cap. It has to be an NFL ready player.

Doesnt matter if they eventually be great. You can’t pay a 20 million bonus on a 36 million contract counting 7 million against the cap year one to sit and hopefully develop into a starter a few years

3 Likes

He also sprained his ACL and will be out for at least a month

3 Likes

Saw the hit, brutal. Hope it heals well for him. Never wish injury on anyone.

2 Likes

Based on what we saw this year, I’d say 100% of NFL GMs agree with you. LOL.

1 Like

QB is such an instinctual position and that’s why I’ve never been high on Willis as a QB. He doesn’t have the instincts of a QB. I’m sure they will try and change his behavior but at that point its more robotic and going against your own instincts and I’ve never seen that work.

When you look at his college splits he either threw it to the sideline or ran. He never attacked the middle of the field. He’s a one truck pony right now who might be useful in some occasional wildcat formations but also a huge project to develop into a well rounded QB with full arsenal

1 Like

Nope friend lol in 1989 I was only 3 years old and just worried about where my next piece of chocolate was coming from :+1:

3 Likes

I think this whole conversation about taking a QB hi was lost on the 49ers.

1 Like

I’m very happy with our selection.

2 Likes

Reports I’ve seen say he’s not even in the neighborhood of challenging Tannehill.
He’s better than our backups, though.

2 Likes

He doesn’t have alot of game reps at QB. Even dating back to high school.

Wow if willis had been taken at 2OA or even 14 where some were projecting we trade up for our 2nd 1st rounder and 2nd rounder… Boy that would have felt terrible right about now.

3 Likes

If the Lions had Willis it would at least make Boyle look accurate by comparison.

3 Likes

I had a good laugh when some people here claimed Willis wasn’t all that fast….

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Titans losing faith in Malik Willis