Malik Willis had a good showing

I wish we’d never cut tyrod Taylor. I’d be much happier about our quarterback room with him still on the roster.

2 Likes

Drafting Willis was one move I wish we would have made. Not saying that because of these highlights, but because I like him as a prospect. I don’t think he will be ready to start this year, and probably won’t be next, but in 3 years or so I think he will be a very good starter.

I’ll bet they’d have had one hell of a debate if he’d still been there at 97. I bet they would have taken him.

yep I was the same way. having him as a 2nd or 3rd stringer for a couple years is a real change of pace compared to goff who is pretty statue-like.

if he could be as fun and elusive as kyler murray (except with maybe more film study) I’d be excited to have him on the team.

With these being preseason it is grain of salt, but the one thing i did see was that the game seemed a bit fast for him. That sack he had before half when he was next to the sideline was terrible, some of the plays he dropped his eyes very quick at the first sign of pressure. Believe it all stems from his, deserved, faith in his athleticism to get him out of trouble. I hope for his sake he balances that a bit more like Russell was able to do in Seattle, using the feet to buy time more than try and take off at the onset of every play like lamar does.

1 Like

When did the Lions have him??

2 Likes

This thread is killing me.

4 Likes

Thought I missed it… didn’t wanna ask and embarrass myself lol :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

He was the 3rd best QB that played in that game.

1 Like

Especially in preseason.

And he is in the AFC…

Move on! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I can’t tell if teams want him or want to get rid of him

September 7, 2010 : Traded by Rams as 2011 6th round pick (180th overall) to Ravens for 2011 7th round pick (228th overall, Jabara Williams) and Mark Clayton

March 14, 2018 : Traded by Bills to Browns for 2018 3rd round pick (65th overall subsequently traded, Brandon Parker)

Transactions

• Transaction, fine, and suspension data since 2015

March 17, 2022: New York Giants signed QB Tyrod Taylor

September 21, 2021: Houston Texans placed QB Tyrod Taylor on IR

March 22, 2021: Houston Texans signed QB Tyrod Taylor to a one-year contract.

March 15, 2018: Cleveland Browns acquired QB Tyrod Taylor from the Buffalo Bills for a 2018 third-round draft pick.

March 8, 2017: Buffalo Bills re-signed QB Tyrod Taylor to a restructured contract.

March 13, 2015: Buffalo Bills signed QB Tyrod Taylor.

Tim Boyle has a man bun.

2 Likes

I’m a hair guy! But man buns, common dude.

Joaquin Phoenix Thumbs Down GIF

9 Likes

I still think there is a future for Willis as a RB, especially running the wildcat. It would be a great asset as a coach to be able to bring in your wildcat package for a series or 2 in a game, just to throw off your opponents (with the added bonus that they have to use some of their practice time preparing for it). Maybe 1 thrown ever 3-4 runs, just to keep the defense honest.

Time to upgrade !

1 Like

That face screams “Punch me!”.

Thank God we have a great (hopefully) Oline.

1 Like

It’s not the hair that’s holding him back. It’s the lack of a beard.

1 Like

I feel it’s both. Dude’s gotta step up and shave his head.

1 Like

Latest…" Willis is continuing to lean too much on his own improvisational ability and not enough on the system he’s being asked to run. And thus, after the Titans’ first three possessions, you looked down and noticed that Willis had completed only one pass. By halftime, he was 6-of-15."

4 Likes