Malik Willis visiting tomorrow

Willis can be, by a lot. It again requires the right coaches and a good line and running game. All of which we have.

Detroit is essentially the best situation for a team looking to acquire a rookie QB sometime soon other than maybe Pittsburgh.

2 Likes

Just curious, is it his stint at Auburn, or Liberty that tells you this?
He couldn’t beat out Nix at Auburn. What is Nix doing these days?

The Liberty one obviously. Watch the tape. You have to see the potential.

And another reminder that Willis didn’t lose a QB competition at Auburn. There never was a QB competition. Auburn’s toxic ass boosters forced Malzahn to start Nix since he was a legacy.

I think Malzahn still believes he could’ve taken that 2019 team to the playoffs with Willis playing QB. They almost beat LSU that year. In Baton Rouge. With Nix. The rift that resulted is why Malzahn is no longer at Auburn.

Auburn has the worst boosters in college athletics.

2 Likes

Funny, everything I read says he was 3rd on the depth chart and that he left because he saw zero starts and had 14 passes in 12 games off the bench.

Barry couldn’t beat out Thurman Thomas at Oklahoma. What’s he doing these days?
Just having fun w/ya man.

1 Like

Sorry, I just can’t get excited about video of a Liberty Flames QB…and he’s the best of the bunch?

4 Likes

And BLPA

Yeah because stuff like what actually happened usually doesn’t get leaked. And if it did, then it would only be to local sources.

I only know because of the Auburn people around here in Huntsville who have connections to the university.

Can’t argue with inside hearsay, can I.

1 Like

It’s the same thing as the real reason Urban left OSU. Never went viral.

Look, you can believe whatever you want. It’s not my job to tell you what to believe. I’m just offering my knowledge of the situation to the discussion.

Doesn’t really matter what either of us thinks, does it?
I’m just trying to keep it interesting around here and you’re my latest hit.
Thanks for playing.:rofl:

That’s illogical.

Goff is now a known entity.

The gamble is that these QBs won’t end up in the bottom third of NFL QBs. The gamble would be that they’re better than Goff, which isn’t that big of a risk when you consider Goff simply isn’t good.

2 Likes

Some (myself included) said the same about Lance, who played against teams called the Penguins.

Obviously book isn’t written on him yet, but the 49ers seemed to think he was worth a heavy investment.

Which is why I’ve said from the beginning: if the Lions take Willis, I trust that their expertise supersedes mine and I’ll support it.

There’s a reason there’s chatter of Willis going top 10 and it’s not because those franchises are not as smart as a forum of Detroit Lions fans.

5 Likes

Some are curious where your thoughts come from.
You are concerned about Willis playing at Liberty, that’s obvious. You think he left Auburn because he wasn’t good enough to start. There your just wrong.
Besides the school he turned into a winning program what is it you dislike about Willis.
His speed? His ability to move in the pocket and continue to look downfield? His arm Strength? His ability to throw from multiple angles? His leadership? His intelligence?
@LionFrog, you have made your opinion known, I’m curious what you’ve seen that leads you believe he will fail.
Peace my Lion brother.

2 Likes

Google it. He left because he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Nix and Gatewood.
He had no problem beating out his competition at Liberty. No doubt about it.

1 Like

@LionFrog Great in depth reply to all the reasons you dislike Willis. That there was a good read. :innocent:

lol Thomas left school a year early I think he said because he knew how good Barry was!

Well, it’s better than the Auburn cheerleaders didn’t like him.

Basically, your saying no to Willis because he ended up at Liberty.
Again, great reasoning. :flushed:
Just a rub on that one LionFrog, you’re still in my brotherhood.

No, I’m against drafting Boyle’s replacement in the first round.

1 Like