Mark Murphy: "Erin is a complicated fella"

It’s interesting thr Stafford can request a trade abd never had to react to any real completion at QB and he’s not seen as a diva

But I think your take on situation , and Aaron having leverage because he’d be desired and has other options , is spot on

And it’s GB management that’s squandered Aaron’s career not the other way around.

1 Like

What is REALLY is amazing to me… from a historical perspective… is that they drafted Love after the ordeal they had with Favre and Rodgers!

While it turned out pretty well due to Rodgers becoming a hall of famer and all… Favre may have won a Super Bowl with the Vikings if he hadn’t got hurt in the NFC championship game against Saints.

If the Vikings had won that Super Bowl… I think it would have really changed the narrative on how they handled the QB situation back then.

Played with fire once… and didn’t learn a lesson!

3 Likes

It’s never easy. Walsh pushed Montana out who went on to productive seasons.

If Packers are surprised at Aaron than I think it’s poor management. The Lion dam in me kind of feels a little equal with packers fans in that the packers fit title town and 25 years of hall of fame QB play left some super. Owl appearances on the table.

Was that packer management failing Rodgers making them about equal to the lions failures lol

1 Like

The same thing with JJ Watt. He asked to be out and noone is calling Watt a diva.

2 Likes

I dont follow national media, is he considered a diva on ESPN or is it just jealous Lions fans?

The media is mainly just enjoying the show and keeping the story going for something to cover. Then they will comment on other people’s comments like when Terry Bradshaw basically called Aaron a diva…or vice versa when someone else says something siding with A-Aron.

If you don’t think I come here to have honest conversation then I don’t understand why you reply to my posts. I’m bummed that the other was locked when I really was interested in hearing the replies but I don’t think the spirit of my question was being understood.

I know

Aaron is also touchy subject and Ive seen threads Locked but I come because I’m interested in hearing others opinions and talking about them. My take on Aaron often isn’t popular on pod so thst makes me reluctant to discuss it here and ruin a thread for others.

You’re right Watt wasn’t accused of being a diva.

He’s had some prickly relations w/ GB following Love’s draft- for justifiable reasons. There’s a lot of stories out of GB (mostly 2-3 years ago) about how the OC would call a play, and then Rodgers would basically overrule the play in the huddle and tell the WRs to run different routes… that sort of thing.

He’s got some complicated personal history- I don’t believe he get along with his brother and/or his parents particularly well.

Honestly, it’s probably much ado about nothing, but as Lions fans, we of course lap it up. He’s easy to hate, but how much of his “diva” persona is real and how much of it is fabricated, I don’t know.

2 Likes

According to Greg Jennings, that is the level of freedom Rodgers has always had. And not only did Aaron have the freedom to make changes and adjustments, there were changes and adjustments at his disposal that didn’t even exist with most other teams. Greg described it like Aaron was playing a video game and everyone on offense was his controllable characters. If Aaron wanted a certain release from the receiver or even a slight adjustment for a guy to run a route a hair deeper or a hair more shallow…it was all there.

My understanding is Matt Lafluer came in with what was basically an 10th grade offense for a guy who had been executing with a PhD. I think Lafleur made an adjustment and that’s when the offense improved.

2 Likes

I see your point.
Okay, I admit it. I can’t stand Erin. He cries to the refs like they’re his mommy, and he gets the calls.
Like the guy with the best arm and intangibles in the league needs that little bit of help to get over the top.
Btw, I’ve trained my replacement several times.
So did Brett Farve.
If Erin is playing like Aaron Rogers, Jordan Love is no threat! You don’t play inferior players at key positions when the one of the best to ever play is at their peak and healthy. If that were to happen, then, I would not be calling him a diva.
He’s 38. His problem is with aging. He needs to take that up with God, or the universe, or whatever. He’s not going to be elite forever.
So, “screw the team when I go down?”
Not very prudent on the teams part if they agree to that.
Reality has to be dealt with, at some point.

It’s not Erin…It’s Kaaron.

@CuriousHusker with POTY so far in 2021.

1 Like

You might want to do a little research on that one and get back to us.

Aaron is saying to deal with it right now. Why wait? He’s an old fart diva. Just move on and play the golden boy. What’s what with that? Its literally the plan.

1 Like

I remember. You can’t sit on the bench and hold the clipboard for a great QB and not learn something from him, unless you don’t want to.
The Packers did exactly the same thing to Farve, and all they have to show for it is 28 winning seasons in a row.

Aaron is asking that they do the same thing with him that they did with Favre…get rid of him.

1 Like

But, that’s the thing. Love isn’t taking his place until he loses a few steps. What, the great Erin Rogers can’t take competition?
Diva!

He’s already lost steps. And he’s a whiny diva. I think they should go ahead and cut the chord now. The old man ain’t got it anymore and he can’t even beat out Jordan Love. I think giving him the Brett Favre push out of the fishing boat is the only solution.

1 Like

It is easy to say the Packers made the right move now that Rodgers is a hall of famer… but drafting QBs outside the top 20 picks is no slam dunk.

And… to play devil’s advocate… how many more Super Bowls could Green Bay have won with Favre if they had drafted Roddy White instead of Rodgers???

Green Bay lost the 2007 NFC championhip game in OT an Donald Driver was the only WR that had a decent game. Favre also played in the NFC Championship game in 2009… 4 seasons after Rodgers was drafted.

Green Bay may have possibly won more Super Bowls from 2005 to 2009 than they have with Rodgers… if they had done everything possible to surround Favre with talent instead of trying to replace him prematurely!

3 Likes

Near as I can see, Green Bay has a QB. Jordan Love has a job.
Erin is crying like a little bitch.

This place is interesting in what’s considered acceptable -

As these players prove themselves elite and make enough to have leverage
It’ll be Interesting to follow.

For all Andy Reid’s brilliance
It’s Mahommes making a half billion.

1 Like

I’ve always had a strong dislike for Rodgers, but really?? These comments are just silly.

2 Likes