Mark Murphy: "Erin is a complicated fella"

We agree!

And as Alex Smith likes to tell the story, they let Alex in on what was going on.

Yea and I wouldn’t be surprised if Alex knew when Jim was flying out to throw passes with Colin …

To me
It’s the nuanced skill of people management with what’s likely seen as your biggest asset.
Parcells said you didn’t handle every player the same.

Imo what makes it look worse is Aaron playing like an MVP on a tough to trade contract even at the time they drafted Love.

If Aaron play had dropped and Love was taking over now , Aaron’s contract is still a hard hit making it seem like … in their planning … it was a little early iMO … unless Love is awesome. That’s a lot of pressure on Love.

Now that I think about it -
I wonder what they saw their best case scenario as ? They can’t admit to a plan but they must’ve had one.

1 Like

I have no idea. I’m not sure they even thought it thru which just speaks to the incompetence.

1 Like

This type of comment as a Lion fan makes me much happier than the typical bagging on Aaron take.

The idea that GB’s management has squandered Aaron career seems so juicy

If Lions can get it together and go all in , they have a decent chance to be better than them.

1 Like

I think its more than an idea at this point. Its a reality. A-A-Ron has made the entire team and coaching staff look better than it actually is for many years. We’ve seen them without Rodgers. They almost looked like a JV team. The new GM at least chooses to participate in free agency. The old GM did not, other than a rare circumstance. They draft a bunch of guys…force them onto the field with no competition from free agents…then when Aaron carries them to victory they look awesome because they had so many drafted players on the winning team. All the while their actual talent on the team was sorely lacking and The God King was the sole reason they even looked competent.

And that extends to the coaching staff. Mike McCarthy has never been a brilliant OC or playcaller. But Aaron made him think he was. But in reality McCarthy’s offense was old and stale, and the only reason it worked was because Aaron could make impossible throws to covered receivers or dance around until the designed play became more of a scramble drill.

I think drafting Jordan Love to a team that hadn’t made a single 1st round pick on a skill position player since Aaron Rodgers was drafted shows how incompetent they really are. It was a dumb pick that didn’t make logical sense. It wasn’t like when Rodgers slid from 1st overall into their laps years ago. This wasn’t Trevor Lawrence or Zach Wilson. This wasn’t even Fields. A player I pointed out at the time that was another sign of how incompetent they are is Rashan Gary. Gary is a DT. I’m sorry if anyone else feels differently, but that’s just the reality. He’s a fat boy. And even when he’s not fat, he’s still who he is. But he was a fat boy who wanted to be a DE. Its a bigger money, more glamorous position…so why not? He’s a bit out of place there because he’s not like those guys that have success out there. But Green Bay takes that notion and triples down on stupid. They not only put on on the edge, but they take it to another level by standing him up at edge LB. WTF? How can a fan sitting on the couch drinking beer see this and guys paid millions to do it for a living be oblivious to it?

2 Likes

Can’t stand Erin, unless he’s a Lion… can’t stand GB, regardless…but I am loving the crap fest unfolding on the other side of Lake Michigan.

1 Like

Yep! I’m not likely to shed a tear for either.
Good to see you, btw. (It’s Ron. Shhh!)

1 Like

The username makes perfect sense now, bruh…the secret is safe. I’ve got to poke my head in the room every once in awhile. Lions, can’t live with em, can’t live without em!

2 Likes

It used to seem cool how they’d get all the competitive picks

But there’s a reality that you need to get over the top too