Matt 2 and 0 for Rams

This is an assumption but not a fact

Imo it could actually work opposite if the picks turn into high extremely valuable picks

A couple things can happen :

The good resources cover for BH DC not being good enough - think Staffird Curry and Lions Seahawks. Lions got the right player bit Seahawks ended up with Carrol and Schneider who really haven’t needed top 10 picks up Be relevant including finding Russel.

Also if BH DC aren’t that good
The high picks could just be busts or never amount to what we hope ie pettigrew and dwheelz

Imo the best hope is the coaching staff FO are legit and then thinking we need high picks becomes less important to me.

Rooting for lions to succeed on their own because they’re good enough is whst I personally want to root for

Vs rooting for failure of others that in reality may or may not help lions.

What would help lions is BH being a first ballot hall of famer like Calvin was

Also
I loved J Agnew kick off touch down return

1 Like

But…the Bears are leading the NFC North!!!
They must be awesome…
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cat Deal With It GIF

2 Likes

It does look like a tough division !

My hope is still the same:

Lions get to the NFC Championship game and play Rams.

We beat them and it’s the only loss of the year for Matty and we go in and win the SB!

That is all!! :crazy_face::+1::upside_down_face::heart::pray:

So you are saying you are rooting for the Rams when we play them next month?

2 Likes

Lets see how he does against the GOAT next week…

I’m not sure he was going to beat Wentz. They only needed a field goal to tie the game.

1 Like

Yeah… and that game could have been really interesting if Frank Reich had ever thought to call a QB sneak at the 1 yard line.

I do understand what you are saying, and really it is mind boggling when you think about the butterfly effect of everything that can or can’t go wrong based on what happens (is Paul Edinger the reason why the Lions were futile for the first part of the 21st century?) in a season, but in this situation I am just going by point A to point B, simple logic. If your front office is competent, higher draft picks are better for you. I am currently in the optimistic mode of “We have a good front office,” so I will root for the fact that we have the chance to get a higher draft pick without the side effect of needing to suck ourselves.

That being said, I am not sitting in my chair with a voodoo doll on Sundays, actively hoping for the Rams to suck. It is way down on my list of things to care about.

What I don’t get is people being excited about Matt Stafford. Next time I will be paying close attention to him in a non-Lions situation will be his HOF speech.

3 Likes

I don’t agree with your position (Rams are my team #2 this year), but I respect the correct usage of the word “myriad”.

1 Like

Vocabulary love acknowledged.

1 Like

I don’t think we can beat them twice in the same year….

Oh, and I have to add we come into the playoffs with the weakest record as the seventh spot WC team and get on a freaking roll!

Hearing people who want to sound smart say, “…a myriad of [blank]” grates on me to no end. I almost never see or hear it used correctly.

Don’t even get me started on “less” and “fewer”…

1 Like

Such a massive variety of reasons. Most ppl have their view, and they will “hate” on ppl that don’t share their views.
I think a good majority want to “be right”
Many legitimately, without drama want the better draft picks
many, legitimately, without drama want to see a good man win
Many, are just projecting displaced anger and using sports as a vehicle
Many have a truth that can lie somewhere in a combination of these

…and many are just sick of the same, tired-ass, old, beaten to death storyline.
LOL :wink:
RGD is here to stay!

But, who had more high draft picks than the Lions in the past 50 years?

C’mon, give me some of that good ole’ Canadian optimism! It’s different now, eh?

1 Like

Some people spent so much time rooting for the Detroit Staffords, Even though the Staffords moved to a new city they are fans of the LA Staffords

I’ve always wondered if this was going to happen.

Lol. That would make it very similar to Calvin’s.

I’m glad for the rest of whst you wrote because I’m a believer in karma and feel lions’ fans hateration contributes to our mojo

I’m on board with BH which is why I’m not as concerned with where those picks land
Since there’s good players all over the draft.

1 Like

Gentlemen I truly appreciate your perpetual optisim and disdain for a player that was spared from having to play for or watch the biggest pile of sh*t team in the modern history of sports!!! Stand, kneel, hell offer the guy in front of you a reach around, but in the end the Lions are by far the worst team over the last 60 + years and no other team has been nearly as bad.

1 Like