Matt 2 and 0 for Rams

Matt’s had a nice start in LA, but beating Wentz and Dalton doesn’t impress me much. Next week is the true test facing Brady and the Bucs D. That’s gonna be a fun game.

I’m confused. Why do you want to suck during the regular season? I hope its not for magic beans, because that’s not how magic beans work.

Reg season is just a path to the one and only goal: SB

Draft picks be dammed!

31 losers

And

1 Winner only!

Nothing else matters in this game - SB or Bust

Lol - that’s true and think about it?!

If I want lots of magic beans then I must lose to get them but then I will never win?! :thinking::laughing::crazy_face::heart::upside_down_face: but I got my beans baby!!

Just FYI, “myriad of” is not necessarily incorrect. It is mostly a matter of style with different style books reaching different conclusions. Both may be grammatically correct, as “myriad” may be used as either a noun or an adjective and the use as a noun in English dates back further.

Perhaps those you deride as trying to sound smart are correctly using grammar in a style that you don’t favor, but it appears you are the one being pretentious.

1 Like

Staff only got sacked once yesterday. That’s a big lifestyle improvement for him. Probably not hurting as much today.

1 Like

I can’t watch a Stafford game in Indy without remember this drive. I didn’t think he had a particularly good game, and I think Indy was a tough draw for the Rams matchup wise. Its funny to watch the Rams with Stafford because its like they are turning into the Lions. They are down to their 3rd string RB and the D isn’t there like it was last year. They will fair better because they have elite players on D and the refs should back them.

Stafford may not stack up with the greatest of the great, but man is there a QB alive you would want more to get a FG or TD with no time on the clock? Dude is a magician in those situations most times.

2 Likes

Myriad literally means 10,000. Figuratively, it means “many” or “countless”. Just like one wouldn’t say, “There were a countless of examples,” one shouldn’t say, “There were a myriad of examples.”

It’s only not incorrect to say “a myriad of” in the same way that a linguist would say it’s not incorrect to say “literally” when you mean “figuratively” - the exact opposite - anymore, because if enough people do it wrong for long enough, it becomes not wrong anymore.

While I understand this is true intellectually, I still feel like I must boldly piss into the wind and try to stop the advancement of the illiterate.

Duh. Are you new here? :stuck_out_tongue:

People that know about law of attraction - yyyuuuup. Bringing pain upon themselves and contributing to the chaos.

Being handsome matters. Period! :wink:

Yup - Jones was out of bounds, and they kept the clock running. Ebron didn’t even try to get out, but the miracle is that he caught a clutch pass…

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

step brothers

and people can’t stop bitching and whining over Stafford non-stop, no matter where he is.

1 Like

Who’s ready for the Rams Lions game in a few weeks???

I’m thinking…

Rams 71
Lions 3

but you would say “there are a plethora of examples” right?

Note that use of “myriad of” in English predates “myriad” without the “of.”

Lions 143
Rams 2

Mini lions 55
Rams 3

Dan Campbell vs ram
Campbell 3
Rams 0 , in a defensive struggle

2 Likes

How about Dan Campbell vs Coach Ditka!?

chris farley GIF

1 Like

The rams are going to be a good team whether we like it or not. Stafford wasn’t particularly sharp yesterday and the running game and defense secured the win. The rams have played two of the better front 7’s in the league and their offensive line played great against both. The Colts are a very talented football team. I don’t think they’ll win without wentz though.

The rams aren’t the lions. The lions would have lost that game yesterday. None of our past gm’s would have been smart enough to trade for a player like Michel. We would have rolled with some dude off the street or a back way past his prime.

Stafford wasn’t great yesterday and his receivers dropped more passes than usual but the rams defense made plays when it mattered and the line and running backs stepped up and sealed the win.

With Holmes and Campbell I think the lions will be able to do that sooner rather than later. We’ll see tonight but the running game looked great week one.

AH, a true COMEBACK WIN. @SirLion