Matt Patricia interviews for Broncos DC Job

Sorry Matt!!

If we were an expansion team and could select a DC from any other team, who wold be on your shortlist? I know Joseph would be on mine.

Getting him back in Denver as a DC is a huge win for Payton. Wow.

1 Like

He is back in Colorado while his former college team is being ran by Deion Sanders. And a guy he sat behind is a part of Deionā€™s staff. Interesting.

As an intellectual excercise I will answer the question you posed. If we are an expansion team, we are starting our scheme from scratch so we have to be relatively simple in what we do. We would need to gain perceived complexity with wrinkles we put into that weeks gameplan specific to that game and those situations. We are also probably going to lose alot. So we would want a guy who stays positive in the face of adversity, and injects life into the building. We would want a guy who has been to a few different stops but is overall an experienced DC who is respected in NFL circles and can assemble a decent staff. And lastly, since an expansion team can function like unhearded cats we would want a guy with previous head coaching experience to can take on chunks of the cat hearding on his own while our HC institutes his program.

That all being saidā€¦give me Gus Bradley.

Probably should just extend the guy who fielded the worst team in the NFL over the last two seasons instead.

That may have been just a little more thought than I had committed. :rofl:

Interesting choice.

Patricia is in as LB coach in Denver.

Edit - Actually this might be fake news.

Untetheredā€¦isnā€™t that how you let hot air balloons go?

ā€œI think he is ā€“ at this juncture, from what Iā€™ve gathered ā€“ kind of untethered. Heā€™s not with the Patriots,ā€ Curran said of Patricia."

1 Like

are you sure it wasnā€™t the health and nutrition coach?

hungry fat bastard GIF