Matt’s cont. to rewrite record book!

2012 was Stafford’s second worst year.

But it was also a weird year.

Justin Forsett is down by contact, but goes 81 yards for a TD. Schwartz throws the challenge flag at the wrong time (before the play was over) and gets a 15 yard penalty, which precluded the automatic review of all scoring plays. Lions lose 34-31 to the Texans.

Drayton Florence lets LaVon Brazil get behind him for a 42 yard TD pass with 2:39 left. Should’ve never happened. Lions lose 33-28 with a 14 yd TD pass with 0:00 on the clock.

1 Like

I’d argue that 2013 was Stafford’s worst season because his 19 INTs and 8 lost fumbles cost the Lions more games than his 17 INTs and 4 lost fumbles did in 2012.

2 Likes

I remember the game.

Stafford 10/25, 151yds, 60.6 pass rating, 6 rushes for -1 yds

Foles 11/22, 179 yds, 73.9 passer rating, 6 rushes 23yds

I think I have a valid argument here.

Thing about yardage, too, is that it’s tied to attempts. Yet those who tout yards never temper that chocolate with attempts.

1 Like

Both QBs struggled in the snow. You do not have a valid argument. We got jobbed by the refs and Shady ripped our heart out and fed it to us. Both QBs had issues.

He currently holds the #1 spot for number of pass attempts in a single season. But hey, he was the fastest (by games) to 10,000 yds passing

1 Like

That’s your opinion. Numbers say “better”.

Lots of problems stem from being unable to keep it in your pants.

that’s your defense, passing attempts …really??

you don’t understand that we could not run worth a broke dick THAT is why we passed a ton more. That is the only thing that we were productive at and we kept doing that…so YEAH, Stafford is going to have a ton of passing attempts when we flat sucked running the ball. Only now in 2019 are we making an honest effort to run both efficiently and correctly.

True, except for the 2013 season. Bush ran for 1006 yards and Bell ran for 650 yards. Beyond that, respectively, they had 506 and 547 receiving yards.

1 Like

They were 17th in YDS/Carry in 2013.

How is a one dimensional offense without a run game QB friendly?

QB friendly is having a great defense which gives them turnovers and good field postion.
QB freindly is having a great O-line.
QB friendly is having great surrounding talent.
QB friendly is having great coaching and a great scheme.
QB friendly is having a GM and owner who know what the ■■■■ they’re dong.

FYI

Stafford is one of the most sacked, if not the most sacked, QB’s of the last decade.

Is that QB friendly?

You are literally arguing for and against numbers in the same thread. Classic.:rofl:

I’ll be sure to remember that in 2019 we beat the Chargers because Matt Prater outkicked the other guy. LOL

1 Like

It’s a relevant stat.

Is it? Or is it that we fixed it so the pass game took all the advantages at the expense of the run game? Shotgun? Advantage to pass game, disadvantage to run game, unless you want to say we can run a myriad of run plays out of shotgun… Smaller backs with hands? Disadvantage to the run game (pretty much eliminates the middle), advantage to pass game (at one point 25% of the yardage was to backs with passes behind the LOS. I have argued that this is where the “run” game went and it was pretty decent). Fewest run plays called? Ad- pass game, disadvantage run game (OL needs to hit, not back up all the time) we led the league in fewest attempt. How are you supposed to have a good run game if you don’t even try?

We threw on purpose and built teams to that effect. We “have an arm and we’re going to use it” (Caldwell).

I’m not going to accept that as an excuse when all it did was help the pass game. Had we taken those advantages away, the run game would be better, but Stafford’s stats would be much more difficult to defend.

I think you’re too sympathetic to Stafford and not enough to the rest of the team and/or coaches.

boring. you.

I went through some stats.

Every year since 2011 except 2, A. Rodgers was sacked significantly more times than Stafford.

2014, Stafford had more

2017, Rodgers only played 7 games.

I’m not wasting my time looking up all the players who got sacked more, it’s too long a list. I think you should do the research to back up what your assertion.

1 Like

[quote=“AngryDriver, post:75, topic:1314, full:true”]

It’s a relevant stat.

Is it? Or is it that we fixed it so the pass game took all the advantages at the expense of the run game? Shotgun? Advantage to pass game, disadvantage to run game, unless you want to say we can run a myriad of run plays out of shotgun… Smaller backs with hands? Disadvantage to the run game (pretty much eliminates the middle), advantage to pass game (at one point 25% of the yardage was to backs with passes behind the LOS. I have argued that this is where the “run” game went and it was pretty decent). Fewest run plays called? Ad- pass game, disadvantage run game (OL needs to hit, not back up all the time) we led the league in fewest attempt. How are you supposed to have a good run game if you don’t even try?

We threw on purpose and built teams to that effect. We “have an arm and we’re going to use it” (Caldwell).

I’m not going to accept that as an excuse when all it did was help the pass game. Had we taken those advantages away, the run game would be better, but Stafford’s stats would be much more difficult to defend.

I think you’re too sympathetic to Stafford and not enough to the rest of the team and/or coaches.
[/quote] what did we ever “fix” when the leaders of this football team failed to ever get this franchise a bowl? ten years of laughable running game? yet we fixed it? yeah the pass game took thee advantage…it’s all we could do reasonably well. each season.

and as I said previously , here in 2019…Bevell is just now starting to get us to run better than we ever have.

Not all that well. The only really good season we had (2014 - 11-5) was because of the defense. The offense sucked.

1. Because being in shotgun 80+% of the time allows a QB to be further from the rush and to see the defense more. Also using short passes as a de facto run game inflated yardage. So QB friendly. Or QB stat-friendly if you prefer

2 - 5. Ageee, however not mutually exclusive

1 Like