Matt Stafford Thread — Keep it here

Pffff, yeah, you gonna root for a team like that? Must not be a real fan.

1 Like

As I said at the start of this season, if he wins an SB he’ll be carried into Canton by the Laker Girls.

Okay I get being a fan of the guy I mean he is a likeable guy but 80% HOF as of now?

Based on what Fourth quarter comebacks and meaningless stats piled up in games we had no real chance of winning. I don’t see it.

1000%

I also want to know where Calvin Johnson was in that game? Sure he was double teamed but you’re also talking about a hall of fame receiver. One of the most talented to ever play the game. Where was he when a big play needed to be made?

Agreed. Most of this board would sell their first born to see the lions play an nfc championship game at home.

1 Like

Stafford most definitely makes those around him better. Just like the greatest. I think that is undisputable. He can’t run the ball for them. OR block. Or play D. He is one of the best game-winning drive QBs in the business too, if not the best. Who thought Cooper Kupp was a league MVP candidate before Stafford? Beckham was cut from his team? Calvin Johnson was better too. Tate. Burleson. KG.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m saying. They’re in the NFC Championship and you still have Lions fans saying, “RAMS TOTALLY OVER-LEVERAGED TO GET THERE.”

Like, what in the hell does that even mean? Isn’t the point to do everything you can to win? And how did Lions fans become the judge on what it takes to win?

I give up.

6 Likes

Beckham actually had to step his game up to be good enough for Stafford. Matt’s arm talent was so far beyond anything that OBJ had ever played with that it took him a little time for it to compute. :joy:

3 Likes

Bignatty,
You really seem to have a hard time keeping up sometimes.

last week he didnt need do much, but he also didnt screw his team and managed the game perfeclty to win. Today he shined and had a great game, and delivered in the biggest moment of his career, something many Lions fans pined for him to do while he was here when he had his chances (not going into a history leason).”

Maybe if I keep watching football for another 50 years, I’ll be as smart as you so I can keep up.

Trust me, bro. I’m doing my best.

*This is a snarky/playful way of saying…I’m just having fun and don’t have the energy to show you how I really feel right now.

2 Likes

He can’t run the ball but he can chg plays at the line to get them into a better play. Is it a coincidence that the first yr away from the team they run the ball better than they have in yrs.

Yes, Beckham was cut but it had nothing to do with his talent but Baker’s. As for Megatron he would have been great in just about any situation. KG,Tate others maybe.

To me that’s not enough for 35 million.

You have to be kidding me. I don’t have the energy for this.

1 Like

@gruffsparty

Welcome and post more often.

1 Like

[quote=“Nate, post:56, topic:14025, full:true”]

I’ve been thinking this literally since last week but I don’t think I could say it that well.

Like really. You’d believe that the ultimate goal of the NFL is to manage the cap or accumulate draft picks if you only read this board.

Hell. You might even win one playoff game in a season.

But we can’t not have 50 million in cap space and trade away our eleventy-seven draft picks to try and win. Are you kidding me?

3 Likes

If you told me I could watch the lions win a super bowl but after they’d never have another winning season in my lifetime……I’m taking that deal.

2 Likes

Marino’s numbers were well ahead of his time…

Take a look at his yards, Tds, completion percentage, and eating compared to Elway, Moon, J Kelly, Aikman etc…. Montana had him in efficiency stats, but Marino paired the rest…

Stafford came into the league as #s exploded and as a 21 year old. It’s no coincidence that Ben, Eli, Rivers, Ryan are climbing the leaderboards. They are all top 8 all time!!

Marino won 6 playoff games, made a SB, had 8 pro bowls and 3 first team all pros in his first 12 years. He had 1 losing season total in 12 years!

Stafford may have not been the problem but he was not the solution. He was brought in to do what Joe Burrow is doing in Cincy and he failed.

3 Likes

Not me - No way. I know Dan’s gonna have us competing for 2 decades. I’ll be a 70 year old man watching the games with my kids talking about how we used to suck, but you guys aren’t old enough to remember it.

No one man is the solution to the clusterfuck he played in though. It was unreal.