Matt Stafford Thread — Keep it here

Absolutely if that scenario pans out

So I obviously agree completely but am I wrong in thinking that…

A. A majority of the fanbase
B. Brad Holmes and probably Campbell

…will give Goff another shot because he won games?

It is confirmation bias when so many feel to need to be right, with thread titles like this, regardless of evidence either way, no?

Maybe I want Stafford to win a ring and retire so we can make the playoffs and take Bryce Young or C.J. Stroud without trading up.

grinch smile GIF

I believe you man, and that matters. You are right, and I appreciate you pointing that out.
I assumed based on past. Thank you for pointing out that I was making assumptions…becasue I absolutely was.

Coming from most people, that’s exactly what that means. I do believe that when you say it…that is not what you are projecting. I believe you.

…now you are making assumptions, brother.

More assumptions

…and we’ve seen Brady make plays when they were there (like today). Most would not call that game management. I do believe that your framing is different than mine…that doesn’t mean I’m butthurt…it means I didn’t understand your view. Same with you - you don’t have to be butthurt, or accuse someone else of being butthurt.

you know me, I pay more attention to humans than opinions of humans. Presentation style, arrogance, kindness, direct language, etc.

I LOVE direct communication. I know you have an idea of who and how I am, and I appreciate you communicating directly. For real.

1 Like

At the end of his time in Detroit I agree with you. But we’ve been hearing Stafford is the problem for 8 to 10 years. Obviously he wasn’t the problem. He’s proving it this year. We all complain that the Packers have had Hall of Fame quarterback play for the past 30 years. Well, we had a Hall of Fame capable quarterback for a dozen years and couldn’t do shit for him to get over the hump.

2 Likes

Okay one last Stafford lament:

Considering how this postseason has went…

If we had kept Stafford, and likely won a couple more games than we did, how close would we be with the new FO and coaching staff next year? ARod leaving? Vikings in disarray? Bears firing the coach? We’d have Sewell and Decker book ending him and need some WRs.

3 Likes

All good Natty, that’s what makes this board alive and great.

1 Like

Word!

1 Like

People feel the need to be right when people accuse them of being wrong. Its natural to want the people who told you that you were wrong to eat crow. Esp on a message board. I don’t think this proves much of anything.

But what I do know is that the narrative the haters had is demolished.

1 Like

Stafford wasn’t the problem, but if that roster is the kind of help he needs to make noise in the playoffs, then what would be the point of keeping him here?

True not the only constant but one never the less. And if I can jump start my rebuild but moving on from an aging QB I do it.

Again not the only factor as a matter of fact I agree that ownership is a larger factor but ownership isn’t going anywhere. So you make the changes you can.

That’s why we traded him. We could never get him a roster that could make the noise in the playoffs. Most teams need that type of roster to go deep in the playoffs. Its not like the Bucs or Mahomes have bare cupboards.

Hall of Fame quality is highly debatable. Above avg I’ll give you. I think he is a good not great QB that is now with a go for broke org that have literally mortgaged their future for the success they’ve had this yr.

My thing is the difference between those GB QBs and Stafford is they made mediocre players better while we heard for 12 years that once Stafford gets this or that.

I’m so confused and confounded by this post.

Shouldn’t teams do everything they can to win?

Like the Rams are doing?

Are the Rams going “too far” to try and … win a Super Bowl? And this is coming from a fan of … a team that has given you literally nothing?

I’m so tired of LA getting shit for trying to win by Lions fans of all people. Good grief, listen to yourselves. Imagine if our ownership gave a fraction of the attempt LA’s ownership has.

To say another way: The Rams actually give a SHIT about their fans. They actually give a SHIT about winning. The Lions don’t. This is not hard math.

Stafford wins a SB and he’s a HOFer for sure. Right now it’s probably about 80% that he’ll get in. With a decent roster he’s a sure fire Hall of Famer.

1 Like

I’m really happy for Stafford. Hopefully he wins the Super Bowl at some point in his career. I will always be a fan of his. Favourite non Lions player right now, like many others in here I’m sure. I still remember the game against the browns in his rookie year where he separates his shoulder and on the next play throws a game winning last second touchdown pass. What a legend. Wasn’t able to bring us playoff success but that was more the team around him and reffing (@ cowboys 2015). Than it was his fault.

3 Likes

Word

3 Likes

I think being in LA is a game changer for his HOF chances.

3 Likes