Matthew Stafford Congratulations thread

That’s like saying Joe Montana helped Jerry Rice but didn’t create him. The problem is you always have to have some back handed comment when it comes to Stafford. It’s just a dumb stance to take.

Kupp- nearly broke the record

Van Jefferson- a second year, 2nd rd pick in Jefferson who had a nice year

They may not have run well, but two 2nd rd rbs and a former 1st round RB on the roster.

A great OL

A dominant defense

Stafford deserves his ring, good for him and his teammates.

1 Like

@lions watching you go nuclear with EVERYONE is popcorn worthy.
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

2 Likes

Stafford and Kupp carried the Rams to the win on that last drive. And when it was all over, he gave credit to the whole team.

Congratulations, Matt, on the win. You were brilliant at the end, and equally brilliant in the way you became a leader with your new team starting the moment you got there.

2 Likes

I’ve got to give him credit. It didn’t work out for us but I’m happy he was able to lock one up

2 Likes

Typical of his entire career. Doesn’t matter what he does to help his team win, there’s always some nit chirping.

4 Likes

Yep, this is a low point for me as a Lions fan and that’s saying A LOT.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for Stafford, but man does this hurt as well that he couldn’t do it with the Lions. It’s a real gut punch.

Hopefully the Rams get some retirements or players that are less motivated next season because I’m going to need more magical beanz to wipe away my tears.

1 Like

Happy for Matt and a few other Rams players.

Just disappointed it didn’t happen here. Wasn’t Matt’s fault but it hurts to love a guy for 12 years then trade him and watch him win a SB in a city where football is an afterthought.

4 Likes

Class act.

Never saw him ever throw anybody under the bus his entire time in detroit and could easily have. Took blame readily when it was his fault and sometimes even when it wasn’t.

Great players find ways to make plays and win ball games.

The rams were actually underdogs going into the playoffs (literally 6th seed).

All Stafford did was make HUGE plays when he needed to (and often down) in every playoff game including the SB!

Congrats! Love seeing good things happen to good people that work hard at their craft.

7 Likes

They can’t admit they were wrong. Its so sad to watch how their egos can’t handle it.

Remember the guy who said if Stafford was a real QB he’d be more like Burrow? :roll_eyes: :rofl:

3 Likes

Perfect summation.

“ He made Cooper Kupp’s hall of fame”

Literally from above

Ironically his receptions, yards and tds were each about 150% of his best prior year in 2019…

However his targets were also up almost exactly 150%?

1 Like
1 Like

Matt Stafford is easily the most handsome QB on the league. Congrats to sweet, tiny, baby Jesus on creating such a handsome gunslinger of a QB.

Also → Congrats to Rams fans, Kelly, the kids, all the humans that like to see good triumph in the world, and let’s be more conscious about not putting plastic in the ocean.

Love you guys!

Also…

2 Likes

No OBJ, no Woods, no Higbee, no 86, refs against you early on, shitty run blocking by the OL, Bengals pass rush nearly broke his damn ankle, WRs deflecting balls, PAT holder stinking up the joint… Over came it all.

6 Likes

I heard they signed Kris Durham at halftime it got so bad.

It was like all that training with the Lions finally paid off. Good thing their D didn’t resemble the Lions.

3 Likes

Congrats Matt , you and kupp are humble and deserved it more , god bless

1 Like

What if I told you you could be a Lions fan and still be happy for Stafford? What if I also told you admitting you are wrong about something is actually a sign of emotional awareness and intelligence. It’s ok to be wrong, and to admit it. I can admit I had my doubts about Stafford on the big stage. I questioned his ability over the years. Clearly I was wrong, and he proved everyone who ever doubted him wrong this year. Even you.

7 Likes

@Canucklehead The thing is I didn’t question Stafford but whatever you say. You can wear my stafford jersey and shirt if you’d like sometime alright ?