Matthew Stafford re-enters the concussion protocol

2 Likes

Let’s be honest here. The only reason this is even coming up is because the Rams are having a terrible season. With a few more wins, everyone who is supposed to be protecting Matt from himself would be silent.

8 Likes

He has nothing left to prove, if they don’t want this to be the end of his career he needs to heal.

8 Likes

Yep. They have a lot of money tied up and no replacement. Take your losses now and hope next season brings more health.
Then, there’s Kelly. If you don’t take care of her man, she will make him quit. He has kids, and, they don’t need the money.

4 Likes

Who they trading Matt to?
Colts? Broncos? Jets… Ahh the Jets, they have the beanz and some young talent!
Question, what is Matts value to a team like the Jets/Broncos?

Why on earth would the Broncos trade for Stafford?

They might be a bit disappointed in Wilson’s performance.

1 Like

I think he meant, “what on earth could they trade”?
They already gave up the farm for Wilson, and nobody is taking that off of their hands.

1 Like

About the only Wilson the Rams could afford to acquire is this one:

3 Likes

Maybe they should go to FarmersOnly to find a new QB?

Their next QB will be a draft pick, or a UDFA.

UDFA?

Union
Dairy
Farmer
Association

???

2 Likes

It should’ve been UDRFA–Undrafted Rookie Free Agent–if you’re keeping score at home.

yes he does. He got a ring , yet everybody thinks he is done and should retire…on top of that , fans still want to see more proof that Stafford wasn’t a “one and done”. or that he can still kick ass.

1 Like

Not any fans that are concerned for his welfare.

Which is exactly what she should do

2 Likes

100%
I don’t care what the hater’s say. She’s a hell of a woman.
The way she has his back makes me a tad envious.

1 Like

I’m not sure either team’s capsituation is in a place where they could do anything other than just keep going with who they have considering the inferno that would Take place on their salary cap

Rams-Saints takeaways: As defense keeps slipping, does Matthew Stafford need replacing?

The Rams could be counting on Bryce Perkins or John Wolford moving forward: After quarterback Matthew Stafford left the game to be evaluated for a concussion, Perkins stepped in and led two drives that ended with field goals.

Perkins was the backup Sunday because Wolford was inactive after suffering a neck injury during the previous week’s loss to Arizona, a game Wolford started because Stafford was in the concussion protocol.

Against the Saints, Perkins completed five of 10 passes for 64 yards and rushed for 39 yards in five carries.

“Bryce came in there and did some good things,” coach Sean McVay said.

Perkins began to warm up after Stafford went into the sideline medical tent. Perkins said he received support from teammates on offense.

“I let them know that it was going to be a little different, but we will get situated, so I appreciate those guys embracing me and helping me out,” Perkins said. “They did a great job picking me up.”

1 Like

Seasons for Matthew Stafford, Rams hang in balance as QB is evaluated for concussion

Matthew Stafford’s availability for Sunday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs — and beyond — remained uncertain Monday, coach Sean McVay saying the veteran quarterback was still being evaluated for a concussion.

Stafford, 34, started for the Rams in their 27-20 loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday but left in the second half. He was sacked and evaluated for a concussion in the sideline medical tent.

It was the second time in three weeks that Stafford was evaluated for a concussion during or after a game. On Nov. 8, two days after a loss at Tampa Bay, Stafford was put in the NFL’s concussion protocol. He sat out a Nov. 13 loss to the Arizona Cardinals but was cleared from the protocol Friday.

If Stafford is diagnosed with a concussion, would the Rams consider putting him on injured reserve or shutting him down for the season?

“I’m not going to be reckless,” McVay said, “and we’re going to be really smart with Matthew.

“That’s kind of where I’ll leave that.”

John Wolford or Bryce Perkins could start in Stafford’s place Sunday against the Chiefs. Wolford started against the Cardinals but suffered a neck injury and was inactive against the Saints.

“He’s trending in the right direction,” McVay said, “but the neck thing is real.”

Perkins played against Arizona and replaced Stafford at New Orleans, leading two field-goal drives.

McVay said he and general manager Les Snead have discussed “potential contingency plans” if Stafford is unavailable, including “looking at other avenues” to acquire quarterback depth.