Mazi Smith has a felony gun charge pending

That’s unfortunate because he was one of the guys I was hoping might line up next to Alim McNeill in 2023.

Mazi with an oozie?

I didn’t see this incident as a big deal. There’s absolutely nothing I see that has anything to do with substance abuse, questionable character concerns, or anything else. He was honest, forthcoming, made a mistake, not a big deal.

4 Likes

Maybe so, but according to whom. The people that are paid to protect their payers?

From what I understand he was in the process of getting his concealed carry permit when he was pulled over. He’s gotten it since then. The entire thing is much to do about nothing. He’s at most going to face a misdemeanor charge.

6 Likes

So he still shouldn’t have had it at the time, but he was cooperative and has since completed the CCW training? Did they say what kind of gun it was? Because unless it was some automatic rifle thing, who cares and he’s no different than what millions of Americans do every day, with or without a CCW.

I agree this is a clickbait headline

5 Likes

Thank you guys for exercising good sense regarding this. I was worried it would turn into the opposite.

5 Likes

The writer went to Michigan State?? :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Lol he went to Central!

2 Likes

No, he absolutely shouldn’t have had it but he made a mistake. He fully cooperated and has gotten his ccw since then.

3 Likes

Not from freep. They breed in uofm skin. The only issue i have with this is took place the 1st week of October.

2 Likes

Sounds like it shouldn’t affect his draft stock.

1 Like

What’s your issue with when it took place if I may ask?

1 Like

Cause he got to play.

If he already has it, then he had already taken the course and was most likely waiting on it ti come in the mail from the state. Im not sure on the time niw, but it used to take around 120 days

2 Likes

As to the timeline, police who pulled him over would have made the charge, it’s then on the PA to prepare and file.

2 Likes

Now, that’s what we need. A DT with killer instincts!

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from but how do you suspend a kid when no charges have been filed? If Michigan had suspended him and the DA decided not to charge him then you basically suspended a kid for a traffic stop.

1 Like

If you buy that story, then why is it coming up now? Its been since October 7th. Maybe he was a die hard uofm fan.

Because the PA had to file. It’s that simple. There’s still a good chance the charge is dropped or he pays a small fine. It’s not a big deal. It was in his car, he didn’t brandish it. He did all the required training. Which in a constitutional carry state you don’t even need to do.

5 Likes