Mazi Smith has a felony gun charge pending

Officers still Frisk…I know-w why, yet what if these arresting officers did not call a female officer to do/conduct the search on my then…17 year -old daughter , they did not read her -her rights and forceably took her down on the side of Birch Run road , leaving scratches, bruises, on her back when the officer put his knee on her back to hold her down ? She went to Caro hospital and the staff took pictures and X-rays of her back. plus The judge literally told her /Jasmine, that she had to complete a stay in a place in Saginaw…that had comacary-like a jail, spelled it wrong, and she had to stay there for months completing whatever they do there, It had Female Officers in full uniform (not sure if there was male officers) BUT, Jasmine was released with a Certificate Of Completion OF the program …singed and dated by the facility. She had ZERO issues while in there, was an exceptional person while there, BUT The judge never erased her record and it cost her a $18 dollar an hour job, with paid vacation, sick leave, overtime, everything…because they found out she had a record.

Ill shoot you a pm tomorrow when i get time. By the sounds of it, there’s a whole lot more to it than what you’ve laid out. I’ll say quickly, you don’t get put on the ground for passive resisting. That’s what you do with active resisting, hopefully she didn’t pick up assaulting an officer charge as well. Taking her to the hospital, especially as a minor, pretty normal. They document any injuries. It protects the Deputies from any false allegations after the fact, and if she did have an injury, one she might not realize because of an adrenaline dump, it protects her from making it worse, and getting the needed treatment.

As to the Judge, you’ll have to give me more when I pm you. Like what was the judgment, probation, time frame etc. I don’t want to make her charges and issues public.

As to the frisk, male officers do it all the time, you have a witness, the other Deputy and body cams that see and give all the audio. There may not have been a female on duty or available, and many smaller Depts or PDs don’t even have female officers. Right now our lone female went to CID. We have a couple female reserves, but they’re not regular patrol, but if out we call them. The deep search will happen at the jail. With the appropriate gender at booking. We didn’t have any female officers in lead hill or diamond city.

Sorry missed the miranda rights part. You don’t have to read them on an arrest. You have to read them before questioning if your going to use it for evidence. If they tried to question her about say a burglary or something, they would have had to read her her rights, or anything she said wouldn’t be admissible in court. To just cuff her and take her to jail no. They would have told her why she was arrested but miranda rights aren’t necessarily necessary at that point.

1 Like

Judges ruling was that she went to that facility and complete it, instead of jail or something…My ex wife Tammy, her husband Cliff, and I went to Caro Police Department. The desk Sgt, could not tell why the hell she was arrested…after 45 minutes of talking with him, he had NO IDEA why she was there. nothing was found in her system or on her person and they brought her out like Hannibal Lecter or some shit on a dolly, before releasing her into our care.

1 Like

The judges ruling to put her in juvie has nothing to do with this encounter. 2 different things.

They brought her out strapped like that because she was causing problems. That’s why you strap them in the chair, and isolate them from others being processed.

The desk sergeant doesn’t necessarily know what’s going on. He’s not the arresting officer.

I can tell you again, resisting is arrestable, trying to leave while detained is arrestable. There is 2 reasons right there she was arrested. You can pm me, im sure you don’t want her past and present issues public

Jazz one very nice, warm sunny day began to walk to her-then-boyfriends, I saw her walking across my mother’s front yard…I was going to Simon’s, I said “HEY JUMP IN …I’ll give you a ride there.” my daughter said “no thanks dad.” “I have some things I want to think about…I’ll walk.” Vassar to Birch Run , down past Irish to that last dirt road before you hit M-15. She went her way…I went mine. next thing I know, my mother is in my room saying “hey are you going to Caro with Cliff & Tammy?” “NO.” “why the hell would I do that !?” "well your daughter is up in county jail-thought maybe you wanted to go with them…“WHAT???” “I don’t know?” She said. So, I went up there, that’s when we talked to the Desk Sgt for like 45 minutes…Brian, forget it it’s over and done with

I am going to disagree with you here. I think that particular law makes puuurfect sense, and is for the husband’s safety. All you have to do is make sure that all of the weapons in the house are registered in your name. Then if your wife tries to shoot you with one, you can make sure she knows that she is not allowed…by law.

1 Like

Were there any bullets in the Mazizine?

Still no clarity on the “in an illegal way”. I can only conclude that it was not in the trunk or a carrying case. Possibly in a gymn bag in the back seat, which would essentially make him concealing a firearm.

Ann Arbor Detective Bureau Lt. Bonnie Theil said Wednesday the gun was not loaded when an officer had contact with Smith in the vehicle.

One of magazines was found fully loaded near a single 9 mm round in the door panel, Theil said. The other two magazines were in his pocket and the gun was sitting on the floor near the backseat, she said
++±++++++++++

So obviously he was speeding, riding around with a glock, with 3 loaded mags 2 of which are extended capacity.

He was smart enough to pull the mag and pop the chambered round out before he stowed the gun and other two mags away.

HYTA will wipe the record clean, which is what it’s there for. He broke a law, but wasn’t a problem.

This story is why I tell people to settle thier shit down when driving. Do not get into road rage situations because

You Have No Damn Idea What Is Riding Around Out There.

This world isnt ■■■■■■■ Green Acres and Mayberry anymore.

Think I exaggerate?

My brother’s buddy, Lance, driving to work at DHS in GR, gets into a road rage thing. Goes on for a couple minutes when both vehicles stop at a light. Lance gets out, driver 2 gets out, start fighting. Passenger 1, sister of driver 2 comes out firing. Lance catches one in the head. Gone.

At her trial, the 25 year old passenger, who was with her 21 yr old brother driving a new Navigator, said she didnt try to shoot him and her stepmom said it was unfair to sentence her to 25 years because “she’s not that kind of person”.

My point? Large swaths of people are delusional and have a very tenuous relationship with reality, responsibility and thinking in general. You dont want to be a part of a situation where one of them is scared or pissed off and armed.

3 Likes

What is the law when it comes to ammo?
Guns are supposed to be in a case in back, correct?
Can you have loaded mags in a vehicle as long as they’re not in the gun?
Can you have a loaded magazine in your pocket?
I’m not familiar enough these laws I guess.

Ah. Much clearer now. So, yeah, for the Wolverines winning is everything.

And not suspended for one f ucking game. Amazing, just so amazing

I believe he didnt have the correct paper work. Btw if was suspended for one game, this probably isnt a big deal. But jim is a hypocrite

That’s what I mean. The way they circled the wagons, I thought it was a bit more innocent than what was described.

Its really confusing. I for one dont want him to be in big trouble kids and adults make mistakes. But should have sat for a game or two

The only thing he did wrong in this incident is speeding.

1 Like

Not true. He didnt have the correct paper work at time and no DL.

Once again, in my eyes, he did nothing WRONG. I consider personal protection a RIGHT.

You use a gun in the commission of a felony, I’m all for super harsh penalties. You carry a gun for personal protection, I could care less what stupid rules the state tries to impose.

2 Likes

Driving without a a drivers license is nothing wrong. I have no issues with having a gun, he didn’t have the paper work done to carry it. If this was msu the media and uofm fans would call him a thug and needs to be kicked off the team. My issue is jim is a hypocrite and should have been addressed the moment it happened