McAfee on the Lions Offense - New Record Set

Dude you took on his contract and got a extra Rd 1 pic, that you will now have to use to get a real QB, so what did you actually get except his 20 million plus contract.

Well…we have 4 1sts the next 2 years instead of 3.

It will payoff if we make the right picks and we sign the right FA.

Could easily see the rams regressing hard in 2023 as well

When have we not been the laughing stock of the NFL?

2 Likes

Dude 2 of them 3 is our own pics so that leaves 1 very low pic. And if we don’t take one #1 over all this year, it may take 2 of them pics just to move up to get the right guy next year.

When Caldwell was the coach

Maybe we get a qb…then in 2023 we trade down from rams 1st and turn it into multiple mid-rounds picks?

Who knows

But overall extending Goff looks very bad, I agree with you. That is on Holmes. He loves goff.

1 Like

Hey I don’t nessarlly blame the coaches or want them gone but I think they had some growing pains forsure. But talking about changing the culture is just talk winning is the only thing that does that. And you can’t do that with a guy like Goff and I agree this mess and winless season is on Holmes. He put Dan in a bad position when he brought Goff along with him and then again by not getting Goff a few weapons. But going winless is hard hard sink to wash off and harder to come back from.

I think that was mostly done to get some cap relief for this year and next.

1 Like

I’m just saying that this is a perfect example where we are literally the butt of their jokes.

It was a restructure, not an extension.

Probably so for this year. I don’t see how it help next year because if we didnt restructure him we could have dumped him after this season…

1 Like

I don’t think Holmes excepted him to be this bad but Holmes did him no favors by not getting him a few weapons. Holmes really missed on the whole deal imo. Between that and his Timmy Boyle signing it scares me to have Holmes picking the next QB.

2 Likes

Well…he needs to listen to Dorsey here. And maybe he did listen to Dorsey. Dorsey traded for Osweilers big contract to get draft picks. Not totally the same but similar. But Dorsey needs to be listened to a lot here.

I’m on the mobile qb bandwagon

Corral
Willis
Howell is acceptable
Ridder is acceptable

But the potential of Willis has be leaning him. But Willis will need a full season to develop before he is ready in my opinion. He won’t be starting a quarter of the way through next season. Hopefully we have a better option than Boyle and Blough behind Goff.

I hear ya. I’m just saying the lions have been the joke of the NFL since the Fords have owned them.

1 Like

Good effing god… why is this still not sinking in?

Holmes did NOT extend Goff… they restuctured some of his salary in 2021.

Goff had GUARANTEED money due in 2021 that the Lions restructured… pushing $15 million in cap hits to future years… because they had the create cap space fo sign draft picks and other in-season additions.

Thw ONLY other option to get under the cap was to restructure Flowers and Vaitai.

4 Likes

And then we probably would have been stuck with those two for at least 2 more years.

Lol it’s hilarious. I don’t know how many times you and others have explained this.

1 Like

I guess I equate the restructure to an extension because by “restructuring” Goff…we made it so we are extremely unlikely to release him after this season and are now stuck with him on the roster for 2022.

Whereas if we didnt “restructure” him, we could have released him after this season and he wouldn’t be on the roster in 2022.

The “restructure” was an “extension” in this way.

An extension of Goff on this roster.

That’s basically what I’m getting at.

No. Still not true.

Goff has too much guaranteed money ($15.5 million) to cut in 2022.

He does now because of the restructure.