MCDC getting no respect from CBS

Ranked 30th. Their main reasoning…Campbell didn’t already move on from Goff.

This is what I mean when I said if Goff kills it heads are going to explode.

4 Likes

I like Coach Campbell! But, you gotta win to get respect in the NFL. He will be ranked much higher next year when we win 8 games this year!

6 Likes

Perhaps not from CBS, but I get the impression his coaches and players do respect him. I can live with that.

10 Likes

Ultimately that’s all that really matters. Hard Knocks should be fun to watch the way MC/DC interacts with his players and assistant coaches.

4 Likes

You’d think Goff was banging all of their significant others.

3 Likes

totally agree. I mostly found it to be another example of lazy fluff journalism. Writing, “not even an influx of speedy weapons may absolve the continued commitment to QB Jared Goff” is peculiar. Obviously this writer never heard of dead cap nor seen Blough or Boyle. What is Campbell supposed to do other than support Goff at this time?

4 Likes

The talking heads that be, are not more knowledgeable about the Lions than the whole of the den. With that being said, we are all homers. They just googled 3-13-1 and read nothing more.

It’s the off season for them too…

4 Likes

I think not only do most of us know more about the Lions but I’d wager most of us know more about the rest of the league as well. I think anyone here could make a better list

2 Likes

No…not really but carry on

1 Like

Was it by Pete prisco? That guy has an unnatural dislike of the lions. Everything he writes with them in it is negative. We could have the entire bills roster and he would still rank us 30th.

2 Likes

I like you as a poster…but what has happened that is positive that he is supposed to write about?

1 Like

Respect comes with wins…we all know it.

Even though I am a Steve Smith fan…I want his shit show popcorn he’s chowing on go bitterly stale (I’ve been annoyed at him since last season over this, but what can I say?).

But’s it’s just not gonna happen until this team puts up W’s. Just gotta take it folks.

3 Likes

Not me :grinning:
Edit — thinking about what he actually wrote, maybe even I could have done better!!

2 Likes

“ invoking archaic humanity with his tearful war cries and knee-cap speeches.”

I thought this line was the tell that the author is clueless on MCDC
But yeah, totally stupid to fault MCDC for “the continued commitment to QB Jared Goff”
First, the cap issue is real — supporting Goff is the ONLY sane approach
Second, there were no consensus franchise quarterback in the draft
Third, Holmes is the GM
The guys entry for Campbell is not even third rate

8 Likes

Exactly. Does anyone really think they wouldn’t have drafted a quarterback if a mahomes or josh Allen type of quarterback was sitting there at 2? We absolutely would have.

2 Likes

And neither of them were top 5 picks with Baker Mayfield and Mitch Trubisky going ahead of them. So you just never know with QB’s.

1 Like

We’re supposed to take them seriously. haha!

Most of the bald guys at the bottom.
Dan at the bottom.
Silliness.

Truthfully, I’m waiting for Fox to draw his line in the sand. No chance he’s putting up with this shit. 10 wins, for sure.

2 Likes

-Fox
-OL → more continuity
→ more health
→ more experience
DBs
-health
-Depth
-Talent improved
-added Elliot & Joseph
DL
-Hutch
-Health
-Year in system
WRs
-Year for St Brown
-Added Chark
-J-will
-Others healthy
QB
-Late season surge
-I think it’s okay to reference improvement, as we are talking bout the same players getting better…with the same coach
-OC
-Different ownership
-Coaches getting HC interviews, and likely to get HC gigs soon
-Likability, Total buy-in from staff and players

There’s more, but this is a start

3 Likes

It’s a fair ranking. The only thing he’s done is stroke our hopes. Win Dan, and you’ll get your respect.

They are lucky that Dan doesn’t “invoke prima nocta” and steal all of their women. LOL

I would not trade our coach for any coach in the NFL. No way!
Great post, bro. Agree w/all of it.

3 Likes