MCDC getting no respect from CBS

Please share.

~

thanks for sharing the links below. I don’t agree with all of them but I do appreciate your efforts to find them

1 Like

^^^^kind of abbreviated^^^^

^^^^^start of 2019^^^^^

^^^^after 2019 season^^^^

…and RELENTLESS!!!
dude is a forceful enough energy to be the influencer, rather than be influenced…and it’s natural…it’s who he is. He doesn’t give a flying F**K about a few million fans that are committed to the worst possible case scenario. His attitude is “we dont’ have time or energy to spend on OPD (other ppl’s drama), we’ve got a job to do here.” He’s that centered about it, and it shows every time he talks.

1 Like

I stand corrected. Not sure why I thought it was Boyle. Getting old sucks. :rofl:

2 Likes

You thought it was Boyle because he played like Boyle in that game, barely had 100 yards passing, lol

1 Like

There’s been many positive moments over the last decade but prisco always takes the negative stance when it comes to the lions. It’s always seemed strange to me. I understand the franchises history of losing but his writing always made me wonder if it was personal. I’ve never gotten that vibe from anyone else. Not even the freep writers that do that on purpose for click bait.

1 Like

I feel you and don’t necessarily disagree. But there are a few franchises….across the sports world whose fans feel the same way about other writers. I am a Toronto Maple Leafs fan. I watched the Around the Horn show on ESPN and they were talking about if the Leafs would beat the Lightning in game 7 at home. The talking heads on that show, including Mina Kimes, unanimously said the Lightning would win. I am sure it boiled the skin of Leafs fans but as a Leafs fan I knew exactly why they said that. The Leafs have not made out of the first round since 2004. Until they do that is what they will get….never the benefit of doubt!

You’re exactly right that the lions need to win to gain respect. As a lions fan though I always take that into account when I read anything about the team. And for some reason prisco is the only writer that gives me that vibe that he just hates the lions for some reason. I didn’t even think that when I read drew sharp. Even the few times we’ve had really good seasons such as 2011 prisco always goes the negative route. It’s just strange to me.

Stafford doesn’t crack the top 10 of best quarterbacks of the last decade. Weird for a guy who is consistently ranked in the top 10 year after year…

Point is, as many yearly lists you can find where Stafford is ranked topped 10, I could find him ranked outside of it. Probably can find just as many that have him ranked outside the top 15.

I’m not going to put forth the effort. Impressed that you did though.

1 Like

All I’m saying is for you to say he never even sniffed being a top ten QB until he got to LA and then to follow that with hammering the media with Lazy journalism and being bad at their jobs is the pot calling the kettle black IMO.

It was absolutely an exaggeration to prove a point. As was yours. You even explain my stance in other responses just in a different way.

The Lions are the Lions right? Who cares about them. That is the consensus thought isn’t it? IMO, that’s being lazy at your Job. You don’t really deny that Stafford got a significant talent boost simply by being traded to LA do you?

1 Like

That wasn’t your initial point though….but there aren’t many reasons that he would be. That certainly isn’t due to lazy journalism and people being bad at their jobs

At least he didn’t from 2005-2016.

My initial point was ranking MCDC 30th because he didn’t move on from Goff is asinine. He’s a solid NFL starter. He was 42-27 and took his team to the SB just 2 years prior to being traded to Detroit. He’s not some scrub. But now…because he is Detroits starting QB, he is some scrub you should toss aside after 1 season with one of the worst rosters in football.

If that’s not pure lazy journalism I dont know what is. But again, it’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

That is not being lazy at your job. Again, people have ranked Stafford in the top ten of QBs. You are jumping to conclusions on peoples thoughts on the Lions the same as you jumped to the conclusion that Stafford didn’t even sniff being rated as a top ten QB without checking the facts to back up such statement. So essentially I guess you were being a lazy critic. But you expect everyone else to be ON POINT and thorough??

Just to say this again…

…I looked up the writer’s past articles. He doesn’t like Goff and his anti-Goff articles date back to when Goff was still with the Rams and he was trying to convince the reader that the team needed to get rid of him.

1 Like

It’s not my job, there’s a difference. And I did “fact check” my statement of Stafford being ranked where I said he was. It took me googling 2020 and 2019 rankings and I found several articles that place him outside of 10 and 15. I didn’t care to keep going because it’s not something I made up. I’m as big a football fan as any who post here. I’m not some casual spewing random thoughts.

I just don’t care to post it to prove one poster wrong. There are plenty who know exactly what I’m talking about.

See that’s the easy way out for fans. “Its not my job”….no it isn’t but it is your responsibility to know what you are talking about if you are going to be a critic. That said…you did not “fact check” otherwise you would not have said “Stafford never sniffed the top ten until he got to LA. That’s lazy journalism and shows how bad people are at their jobs.” Oh but some media outlets have ranked Stafford in the top ten before he got to LA….but you will only know that if you did, indeed, “fact check.” :wink:

Some do some don’t. I even said I exaggerated to prove a point. What more to you want?

And sports journalists are lazy IMO. Sorry if that bothers you but that’s how I feel. All the major heads literally cover the big markets exclusively, but will talk like they know what they are talking about outside of those markets. The Herd, arguably the top sports journalist out there; doesn’t know squat outside of his select markets. How often do you see a questionable take on a sports topic that a 10 year old fan would know? I see it often.

Part of the job of being a sports journalist is taking and accepting criticism. It’s an opinion just like yours or mine. But it’s their job to be better at it. And if they aren’t, it’s lazy. Again tho that’s just my take on the subject.

All good RP, I like you as a poster, I appreciate the challenge. We just have differing views on this topic.

edit
Even when I did go looking for lists to support my Stafford stance, I found several articles that had Jared Goff ranked higher than Stafford in QB rankings from 2019 & 2020. After the trade, I doubt we could find one. And that’s after Stafford had two injury plaqued years. The difference being Goff going to the don’t care Lions. And Stafford going to the major market of LA.

1 Like

I agree with jd9. Not all journalists are lazy but a great majority are. These are the same people that labeled Stafford an average quarterback for years then admitted they never watched his film until he was traded. It’s the same when you watch an interview where the person doing the interview clearly has no idea about anything they’re asking. If it’s your job to be prepared and give an opinion then I think it’s fair for us to hold you accountable if you don’t do proper research.