MCDC getting no respect from CBS

That’s because he doesn’t do a lot of Lions games probably. I have to imagine that they spend most of their week with the two teams that they will cover…as much as they might have to do charity events and speaking engagements

The offensive line played really well in that game. I think that’s what he was talking about.

The 6 man o-line worked great in that game! We had over 200 yards rushing I believe.

Buy in is all fine and dandy when you’re 0-0. Gotta translate on the field.

1 Like

Too bad Boyle couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn that day.

Unfortunately Boyle wasn’t playing, Goff was. But, it was raining a lot.

1 Like

Ok.

1 Like

All that has to happen is for the Lions to embarrass all of the naysayers speechless.
Then, this kind of shit won’t be written again.
Dan was/is a Lion. He was a member of the only team to go 0-16.
I say that because it points to his thick skin. He’s heard all of this before.
He came back for more.
He knows what has to be done and he’s been very effective in communicating that to his team.
They’re hungry. They’re eager. They’re motivated. They have a chip on their shoulders.
All they have to do is shut the assholes up, and, every single member of the team, from Sheila to Kevin Jarvis, knows it.
The time for talk has ended. The time for being offended is over.
It’s now time to win.
It’s that simple.

2 Likes

S’pane?

Looks like Gary V has been talking to coach Dan about Hutch and Thibz. :wink:

I googled this guy to get a feel for his past articles. He hates Goff and has been attacking him since his Rams days. So all he’s doing here is grinding the same axe and staying consistent with his past takes on Goff.

When people do that it always makes me wonder how they would react if Goff had a great season. I feel like a majority of them would try to downplay it or otherwise explain it away.

4 Likes

I am not a huge Goff believer but this is ridiculous. Jared Goff isn’t some scrub. This is pure and simple the Lion affect in sports journalism. Matt Stafford never sniffed the top 10 in QB rankings as a Lion. And was often outside the top 15. The second he was a Ram, before ever playing a game, he became a stud.

It’s pure lazy, pathetic journalism…plain and simple. It really goes to show just how bad people are at their jobs. That being said, we shouldn’t be ranked much higher until proven otherwise. But the reasoning shouldn’t have anything to do with Jared Goff. And this is coming from someone who gives Goff about a 5-10% chance of being the long term answer.

3 Likes

This post exemplifies what I am talking about with fans and their hate for the media. Totally misguided my friend.

Why should the Lions or anybody associated with the Lions get any respect? Respect is earned and the Lions (Coach Dan included) haven’t earned that respect, yet. It’s as simple as that.

Well-reasoned and accurate?

Absolutely it’s accurate. First off he said that until Stafford got to LA he never sniffed being a top ten QB and was often ranked outside the top 15. That is not true. From 2010 til 2020 Stafford has been ranked in the top ten 6 times. Few other times he was in the top 15. Gross exaggeration there to say he never sniffed the top ten and on top of that lazy journalism and an example of people being bad at their jobs… :thinking:

1 Like

For the season or for a week or two?
As a top ten QB overall or in a specific category, ie passing yards or TD’s or Int?

Just QB rankings….no statistics just who the source thought was the best QBs in the NFL in order

Stafford spent most of his career outside of the top 10 in QB rankings. There were guys like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Rivers, Romo, Luck, Wilson and Brady who were consistently ranked above him. Then they would throw in guys like RG3 and Kapernick who flashed briefly and moved ahead of him. There were also times where Stafford was below Kirk Cousins, Jay Cutler and Andy Dalton.

The discussion each year was that Stafford was probably ranked 5 to 7 spots too low. There were guys who were better than him at the top, but then they would shoe horn in some young guys above him…or guys who only flashed briefly.

2 Likes

That depends on what source(s) you are looking at. I saw some where he was ranked in the top ten 6 years between 2010 & 2020