McVay supports players that aren't ready to play on Sunday

An undercover cop got 2 shotgun blasts into his car point blank in Dearborn last week. 2 suspects, caught. Cop didn’t die but wasnt ok.

Wanna guess where my undercover assignment was the next morning? Bout 3 blocks away.

No one wet their pants, no one called out sick, no one was dramatized. Ran my assignment, made sure I wasnt exposed, kept moving…nailed the dipshit I was surveilling.

Football players who weren’t there need to a week later take a week or more off to reevaluate their lives?

Sorry, it’s getting stupid w McVay

2 Likes

He’s treating it like a bowl game. Some bench players who won’t be in the league for very long might get the most amount of playing time they ever see. The NFL doesn’t like it but they have to play along with the Hamlin story for reasons. Well played.

I’m sure if they could make the playoffs, a bunch of Rams would make miraculous improvements in the next 24 hours.

1 Like

The spite toward McVay on this forum is entirely weird and borders on uncomfortable.

I mean, did anyone actually read the article? Judging by some of the conversations here, ya’ll didn’t.

Let me recap: as of January 4, you know, when his survival was still doubt, some players who knew Hamlin personally expressed their emotions in the locker room. When a reporter asked if they didn’t feel ready to play how might McVey respond, he simply responded that he supports them.

I do public and media relations for a living. It’s clear some of you don’t (and shouldn’t). McVay, a couple days removed from one of the most horrific scenes ever on an NFL field, gave a non-answer to a question that has only one answer.

Can you imagine if McVay said, “Well, we’re football players. Bad things happen. I’d tell them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, man the ■■■■ up, and play.”

Christ almighty, some of you.

Ya’ll have it out for this dude so bad it’s scary.

2 Likes

I’m the guy who wanted to start Tim Boyle last year in week 18.

I just want you all to know that Aaron Donald is very concerned with player safety and is too broken up to play this week… He tried his best.

As a truck driver, if I took time off every time I saw an accident in which someone may have died, I’d literally never work. The only time I’ve gotten time off for this type of thing is if I was in an accident myself…which has happened a grand total of one time in 20+ years.

Of course now that I own the company, I can take off whenever I want for whatever reason I want. So at least there’s that.

3 Likes

Stress induced heart attacks and physical induced heart attacks happen all the time. Nearly everyone by age 21 has dealt with death. I’m not saying that should laugh it off. I’m not saying that they shouldn’t be supportive. I’m not saying that should feel terrible for the kid. We all do. I’m saying the world can’t come to a stop because something bad happens. Kids far younger die. More horrific things happen every day in this world. Saying that everyone should stop doing their jobs to process when something bad happens is silly.

And it isn’t just me. It is the entire world. So that “what about me” doesn’t really apply. Literally every person I’ve ever met has had to work when something bad happens. These guys were given a week off, which is more than most, because someone they barely knew got injured. It is excessive for people to need more than the last week off over that.

Sorry, I don’t really agree… I can understand if someone on the Bills or Bengals weren’t mentally ready to play… Not players for other teams. We’ve seen players play after losing family members, which is obviously closer to home… It’s not like you don’t go driving after seeing a car crash on TV.

1 Like