Merits of Drafting Will Levis

Lots of Anthony Richardson talk. It seems Will Levis is the forgotten QB.

What I noticed about Will Levis is that people have written him off because of a disappointing last year But I think its worth considering that a) he was banged up most of the year; and, b) he really didn’t have a supporting cast like the prior year. Watch the amount of time a guy like Stroud had vs Levis. The amount of WR talent. Levis had a decent RB to work with but his line didn’t give him the same kind of time as some of the others.

I do worry about his ability to feel the rush. On the plus side, he does have a cannon and while he doesn’t have AR type wheels he is mobile. He can run for a first down and hes not afraid of contact. He’s a guy I wrote off long ago because I just like some others better. But it looks like they won’t be there. One thing that bothers me is that he had to transfer. But then again so did some other players that have ended up being good. Like Jameson, Burrow, and Fields (well at least I think he’ll be a good one).

How much consideration will Levis get at number 6? And if he gets that much consideration at 6, could other teams look at him even higher? He seems to be a real wildcard. Draft boards have him all over the place.

1 Like

Here is Kiper and McShay arguing about Levis

1 Like

You do have to wonder how Levis would’ve faired if he had the talent that Stroud had. The guy seems to have all of the tools. If Goff were 2 or 3 years older, I’d say he’s worth taking a shot at. But if the Lions can get immediate help at no. 6, it could be the difference between home field advantage in the playoffs or traveling somewhere.

10 Likes

Hell GIF by Steve Harvey TV

3 Likes

And that’s the thing, Goff is entering his prime, a perfect fit here, not sure why others aren’t seeing this, cap hit be it as such, I definitely see a day 3 pic probably from the Pac12

5 Likes

If Young, Stroud, AR, Will Anderson, and Jalen Carter are the first 5 picks in the draft, I think we take Will Levis. I don’t love it, but I will sit back and laugh at the board members who laugh at the idea of it. I won’t say a word about it, but I would love to see the scrambling from those who say it’s impossible. Will BH and DC be complete jokes if they do it? Or will you stand behind them?

It would be fascinating to see how it plays out. Especially here on this board with all the GMs who talk in absolutes.

Good to see you’re back.

1 Like

The nice thing about the Lions is that no matter what QB we draft, no matter what round, or how high in round 1, that QB is going to sit for a year. Or at least get very limited snaps barring injury to Goff.

So what the Lions are looking for is good clay to work with. That is what initially drew me to Richardson. Is Levis in that similar mold? I haven’t made up my mind yet. He has some great tools to work with. Great size. Great arm. But I’m definitely not as excited about his upside in the same way as AR. One thing I will say is that it appears Kentucky runs a pro style offense.

3 Likes

Lol, c’mon man, wasn’t you the one yapping Goff is near the bottom on deep throw attempts…absolutes

Let’s have a laugh over that and move on

I see no way in hell BH squanders this pick on a dubious QB selection (to clarify, imo they’re all dubious)

2 Likes

So, the issue is your absolute vs theirs.

What are my absolutes? Please tell me…

Do you know what absolutes are? What absolute have I ever used about Goff? Because what you just described, does not apply at all.

1 Like

LOL. Go look at your posts you talk in absolutes just you declare others do.

Then, you get all bothered. Rinse an repeat.

4 Likes

Uh Oh Reaction GIF by Tricia  Grace

1 Like

Don’t get your panties in a bunch :rofl: it’s too damn early

The onus on defining “absolutes” or how it was used falls on the one who used the word

I literally express my opinion. And I do not believe my opinion to be fact. I never say this is how it is, period.

And if I do, I’m in the wrong. Because my opinion is not a fact and I never mean for it to be.

There are plenty of posters who 100% believe what they feel is a fact. That is talking in absolutes. So again, if I ever come off talking as if I know for a fact something to be true, I truly mean it as just how I personally feel. I do not claim to know what others don’t as certainty.

I would like to see something I have posted that applies. I’m not going back to look because I never intend to come off this way. But if you want to show me I’m wrong, I welcome it.

1 Like

Mel “Brady Quinn is a surefire #1 QB” Kiper likes him and McShay doesn’t?

Thats all I need to see to stay a mile away from this guy.

1 Like

What about him? That I believe he isn’t going to bust? That I believe he is going to be really good?

That’s not me talking in absolutes. Could I be wrong? Sure. I am not saying it’s a fact he’s the next Randy Moss. I’ve just expressed it’s very unlikely he busts. There’s nothing that warrants legit doubt or criticism at this point. That is MY OPINION. That is not an absolute. Sounds like a lot of people here don’t know the difference.

1 Like

Uh Oh Reaction GIF by Tricia  Grace

For sure, and I don’t speak in absolutes. I state my opinion. 90% of the time I even include that it’s just my opinion in my posts.

I don’t know for certain anything. There are plenty of people smarter than me around here. But I’m not someone to rule anything out. Or think I know what can’t be known. And I am wrong often and have no issues admitting it.