Micah Parsons Draft Evaluation -- in play at 7?

FILM STUDY – Parsons from PSU site

Saw this in my Youtube feed. Felt it was an honest evaluation of Parsons – not just a bunch of home run splash plays. Showed the good and bad. Video fails to mention Parsons has only played LB for two years (he was a DE in HS) so he’s still incredibly raw and hasn’t come close to his ceiling yet. Does anyone think Miami’s move down from No. 3 to 12 then move back up from 12 to No. 6 is for Parsons? Too high of a risk at No. 3 but just right for 6 and likely gone at 12? I know he’s met with the Lions a bunch, and he met with the Dolphins yesterday.

1 Like

We would all be rich if had a nickel every time someone jumps in front of the Lions to take their guy. I know the Pats and Jags have done this to the Lions recently…GRRR!

Yes…we just got screwed again. Parsons is going to be a monster with appropriate coaching and experience. Miami just fkd us

Kind of doubt Parsons is their target, IMO the logical approach is to get Tua what he needs and see if they have something there

3 Likes

I think it screams they are taking a WR. They must like Waddle or Smith as much or more than Chase.
Also, I think the pics go like this.

1 - Trevor Lawrence
2 - Zach Wilson
3 - Trey Lance
4 - Justin Fields
5 - Penei Sewell
6 - Ja’mar Chase
7 - Micah Parsons

Miami isn’t taking Parsons IMO…

Chase or Pitts I’m thinking

1 Like

Agreed I think odds Miami goes this route are close to 0. They gave up an extra 1st to move up 6 spots (for a MLB?) and while looking less likely it’s not inconceivable to think Parsons would be available at 12.

2 Likes

Collins + stuff you get for trading down > Parsons

I’m of the opinion that Collins on his own is better prospect than Parsons so anything you get in trade down is just bonus.

2 Likes

I disagree…Parsons has peed and explosiveness and the way he sheds block has a rip and swim move like a DE. He’s just 2 yrs in the position. Give him coaching and Collins couldn’t hold his jock. No disrespect to Collins but Parsons is a freak

5 Likes

Agree, Parsons has more speed and explosiveness, but…Collins has much better instincts and he’s athletically gifted as well.

If you want a “see ball, attack ball” kind of player, Parsons is your guy. That’s not what I want in a LB. Collins is a “diagnose play, get to where the ball is going before it gets there” kind of guy.

Collins is much faster in diagnosing the play and getting to the right spot, both in running and passing games. Collins is a former QB & safety. He’s sees the game differently than Parsons and I think that translates into exactly what we want in today’s NFL.

2 Likes

When you watch tape on Collins the multiple pick 6’s and instincts are just amazing he is a beast not saying he will be better than Parsons but I tend to favor him a bit more.

Parsons ability as a pass rusher might get him drafted in the top 10. He was a dominating defensive end in high school before becoming a dominant linebacker at Penn State.

Teams could get very creative with him in blitz packages, I really think he’d be a monster at outside linebacker in a 3-4. His explosiveness and speed reminds me of Von Miller.

1 Like

Watch Parsons game vs Memphis…mic drop. Could have had 2 INTs as well…I don’t think his instincts are that far below Collins and given its only his second yr. I think he brings a pass rush element much like Von Miller. Too valuable in today’s NFL. 3rd and long I’m putting in Parsons over Collins all day. Could you imagine him behind Suh and Fairley. Again no knock on Collins but the level of competition should be considered as well

I thought we were done discussing that alleged episode… :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s a very realistic scenario, Coach. I could see Miami taking Kyle Pitts and Detroit taking Chase. I think Parsons could be Detroit’s backup plan if Chase isn’t available.

Here’s what I know. We have Spielman helping to get this thing going. If we end up taking the “wrong” B1G linebacker out of the 2…that would be very Liontastic.

Temper your expectations a bit.

1 Like

Reading my post instead of pulling out and isolating one sentence you can see I was not calling him the next Von Miller. I was simply stating he has a unique skill set at rushing the passer along with other talents he brings… by no means do I think he is going to come to the NFL and be the next Von Miller. Just stating any team that drafts him has the ability to utilize him in a Von Milleresque role.

I’d be surprised is Parsons fell to 12. If he did that would mean there’s serious concerns about character.

I think Parsons is the Dolphins top target and WR is in play as well.

I’m with you @youngw

I think Parsons is that rare talent that can be the face of the franchise. He’s the type of guy that gives your team an identity.

Collins is a good player but he’s not the level of prospect that Parsons is.

In my opinion Parsons is the top defensive talent in the draft bar none.

3 Likes