Micah Parsons Draft Evaluation -- in play at 7?

So did he say this or not?..“As he mentioned if teams are going to hold him accountable to accusations or things he may have done at 17 or 18 then he doesn’t want to play for them.”

Yes, he said that. And he also said what you said you wanted him to say. The statements are not mutually exclusive of eachother.

1 Like

Here’s the rest of the quote:

Honestly, people have concerns about the things that came up. I believe that I was a kid, you know, age 17 or 18. We all made mistakes when we were 17 or 18. I’m not going to let it control or dictate the person I am now,” Parsons explained.

He added, “Everyone’s going to learn and grow. I’m pretty sure none of you are making the same mistakes when y’all were 17 or 18, or even 25.

• taking a portion of a quote to fit your agenda, intentionally withholding context is novice.
2 Likes

So the “portion of the quote” that youngw posted is not what he said? Or are you leaving that portion out?

My apologies Sir Lion here is exactly what he said:

Parsons sees it as their loss.

“If someone is gonna judge me over that, I’d rather not be in their program,” Parsons said. “I know the type of person I’m becoming and the father I’m becoming, and that’s all that matters to me…If it’s gonna come down to something I did in high school or something I wish I could change, I can only control what I can control moving forward. That’s how I feel about it.

He’d rather not be in their program… I wasn’t verbatim but I think you get the jist

Thanks @youngw

Parsons on the field is basically the same player that half of you didn’t want last year.

Isaiah Simmons.

Oh you can do x y and z with him. He’s so athletic. He can rush the passer. Only been in the position for x amount…

Big difference is Parsons comes with baggage. A TON of it. Simmons is a high character guy. Go watch his micd up.

Plus he took a year off.

No friggin thanks.

Shoulda took Simmons last year.

Parsons play is nothing like Simmons. Yes they are both physical freaks, but that is where the similarities end. One is a safety trying to learn LB and one is a DE trying to learn LB. Two very different skill sets. Parsons is much more physical at the line of scrimmage while Simmons is more experienced in coverage.

2 Likes

Stopped reading after there

Not even close.

Last year we were drafting at 3OA. Simmons wasn’t worthy of a 3OA pick. I was pretty vocal about that and the reasons why. He struggled early last year because of those reasons too. In fact he was benched in his rookie debut. See the article I shared below.

This year we’re drafting at 7OA and Parsons is everything Simmons wasn’t. He is literally better at every aspect of his game. He’s far more NFL ready in my opinion.

Both are raw players but Parsons is more polished in almost every area… Both have tremendous upside but If both were in the same draft Parsons would go higher than Simmons without question.

Here’s the article about Simmons struggles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/.amp/news/rookie-report-card-lb-s-isaiah-simmons

Sorry, that is some agent pr manufactured happy speak.

What it isn’t is Owning your Shit.

Miami hopefully does take him.

Just because he’s the best defender in this draft doesn’t mean he is worth a 6 or 7 OA pick.

Parsons is an interesting case to me. He’s the most dominant defender I have seen in a draft that most seem to not want for character reasons that seem pretty benign.

1 Like

Not only that … but they are nothing more than accusations from a source deemed to be unreliable too.

Honestly I don’t think NFL teams will view these accusations as real serious concerns but I do think they will dig into his background as a result.

It wouldn’t shock me if he’s drafted before we pick.

That and the other ones too. like the re-tweet as a recruit from a media guy saying OSU should start Haskins. Or jumping in line in HS to take offensive reps as well as defense reps

I don’t understand why these are character concerns. It’s not like he was caught with meth, or brawling in a night club, or punching a girl

I mean the kid graduated early from HS and got his college degree in three years

1 Like

Even with Jeffery Simmons people seemed more concerned about his injury than his character red flags.

First thing I thought when Miami traded ahead of us was, “They got to where they needed to go to get the guy they think we’re taking.”

It was the day after all our top brass had attended Parsons pro day where he ran a 4.39, and Parsons had blabbed about how many times he had met with the Lions coaches.

I’d say there is a strong chance they take Parsons at 6, which would be awful. Because I think the Lions want to build a playoff caliber defense around him in the middle.

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking…it would suck royally if they take parsons right ahead of us. They also got rid of Van Noy…touched on this in a prior thread.

1 Like

Simmons is a Safety strong enough to play LB.

Parsons is a DE athletic enough to play LB.

Arizona tried to to fit Simmons as a LB instead of a S, their mistake IMO.

Parsons fits perfectly for a team wanting a 3-4 rush LB.

1 Like

I’m going to change my name to parsonsorbust

2 Likes