Micah Parsons Takes Top Rookie

Matt didn’t want to go to Carolina and we didn’t want to send him somewhere against his wishes

1 Like

I remember in high school our rival school had a QB named Andre Kendrick and I had to simulate him in practice because I had an arm and I was the quickest guy on the team. But I was only a sophomore. We had seniors on defense that were tired of all of the Kendrick hype and were ready to tear his head off…hence tear MY head off to practice tearing his head off. I feel like I’ve only had 2 concussions playing football in my life. Once came on scout team playing as Andre Kendrick.

It was fun in hindsight though. It was basically running around doing Kyler Murray stuff before being Kyler Murray was a thing. Here’s Kendrick converted to RB as a Hokie.

3 Likes

Got damn! He played QB in HS?! He looks like Jerome Bettis in these highlights. :rofl:

That guy needs bigger shoulder pads.

Very cool.

How’d you guys fare against this beast?

yeah, @wesleysh21 ! Ya left us with a 1/2 finished story, man!

We went to 2 state championships while I was there. We fared pretty well. But that also means I was a sophomore taking a senior level ass kicking from a championship defense. :rofl:

Its funny in retrospect and even cooler now that I see Kyler Murray and can say “hey I used to run around in practice and pretend to do that!” But at the time in your formative years it was a “character building moment.”

2 Likes

Parsons was definitely my pick, though I didn’t dislike the Sewell pick. Hopefully Barnes can make us forget about Parsons.

What you’re saying is you’d rather having 2 picks at the end of the first round instead of Parsons. That means you’re hoping you hit a home run on both those picks. Because if you only hit on one, that’s still worse off as it’s unlikely you get a talent like Parsons where the Rams are drafting.

I know people love their draft picks… and I do too… but those picks have to convert to talent eventually. Otherwise they’re no good. Ask Danny Ainge.

2 Likes

2 picks in the 1st round… slot TBD… plus…
Iffy Melifonwu… plus… Goff.

vs… Parsons & Teddy.

Rams are 2-0 and Stafford has played well… but…
they also played 2 of the worst QBs on their schedule.
I am not sure they have a playoff spot locked up yet.

1 Like

I would’ve creamed in my pants if that happened. And can’t say but I would love to have Parsons on our D

It’s going to be interesting to see how it all plays out! It’s one of the ASOS ts of sports that make them so fun.

PS - I believe the Panthers were also offering like a 4th or 5th rounder in their offer you left off… but either way you summarizes the gist.

1 Like

Don’t forget that since you have 2 picks you can always combine them to move up in the draft. You can also trade the picks for one hell of an existing NFL player. I think the Rams deal gives you Goff and some more flexibility in how to approach player acquisition.

1 Like

Parsons is going to be a multiple pro bowl defender. Is he going to be a DT/LT level game wrecker? :man_shrugging: if not I’ll take the Anthony Munoz clone.

Yup - for sure.
Also, I feel the likelihood of the 2 picks adding more to the team that Parsons is likely, even if we stay with them. The trading scenario offers even more flexibility, especially if the Rams pick ends up as a high pick.

If you were in “win now” mode, Parsons was the pick. If you’re in rebuild, Sewell was the pick.

1 Like

We should have taken the Panthers deal and then traded both picks to move up and take Kyle Pitts. Then we can win now AND rebuild at the same time.

Kung Fu Fighting GIF

4 Likes

Good conversation gents. Obviously all theoretical, but in keeping with that, I wonder if they even would have taken Parsons at 8.

Either way the flexibility is probably best simply due to how barren this roster is of talent. The Lions are a half a dozen starters away from even having someone like Parsons make a difference in terms of being a contender.

1 Like

good point.

It may have been harder to pass on Fields with Teddy Bridgewater as the QB instead of Goff… but Teddy was in N.O. with Campbell. :thinking:

That would have made for some interesting discussion here!

1 Like