Mike Valenti Proposes Trade for Lions to Land Matthew Judon

Like Pink Floyd.

1 Like

Yeah, tbh they are moving towards The Dead for me too. Concept art. Id rather listen to Yes, where I know the boys can play, even if they are nerdy music weirdos.

2 Likes

Brandon Aiyukā€¦. holding on line 1.

You didnt answer. You are saying you would rather lose McNeil and sign Judon right? That is what you are saying. Because that is the result of the option of the hill you are dying on here.

No we cant ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  trade for him and not pay him. That would be a super asshole move and put a blemish on the record of Bradley Holmes. Mega asshole move.

Does this mean we are signing Carlton Davis to a new contact and if we donā€™t the sterling reputation of Holmes will be tarnished? I donā€™t want to trade our beanz, but also donā€™t think a transaction like this will have a large impact on Holmes reputation either way.

1 Like

They may trade him anyways just to give him a ring chase shot and to not have the disruption, without the promise of a new deal.

I dont mind a KVB type signing like this, but not for big bucks sight unseen.

This is, however, the exact type of deal Super Bowl Contenders :tm: make.

3 Likes

Or do we all trust Davenport to be healthy or Paschal to be something he hasnt shown much sign of being?

exactly.

this is not unprecedented.

Iā€™m not sure why some people canā€™t grasp this concept.

32yo dudes donā€™t typically get multi-year extensionsā€¦
just because they want one.

I canā€™t believe this even has to be written.

What edge been paid mega bucks at age 32???

Von Miller.

One guyā€¦. a first ballot hall of famer.

2 Likes

agreed.

Send a 4th rounder for Judonā€¦.
and possibly get a 5th or 6th back as a comp pick.

The beanz just have a mystical powerā€¦ā€¦

Thereā€™s the dilemma. Add in, will James Houston look more like No. 59 in 2022 or No. 41 in 2023?

Larry David Confused GIF

I did answer. Very clearly in fact.

Judon has ZERO leverage.

He is 32yoā€¦ and nobody ā€œneedsā€ to give him an extension.

This is the normal for 32yo edge rushersā€¦
particularly those coming off a season ending injury.

Who is the last 32+ yo edge to get a contract after missing 13 games???

He wil be lucky to get traded to a contender rather than waste a season in a rebuild.

1 Like

Holmes has $34M in cap space in his back pocket.
He has no reason to sign or trade for any players right now.
He has indicated that he wants to see how the current group develops before thinking of signing a WR, Safety, DE, OT, etc.
If midway through camp itā€™s obvious that there is a need because of injury or a player being counted on is not cutting it he will pull the trigger.
Holmes has until the trade deadline to make a deal.
If the team doesnā€™t need to do anything then he has that money to roll over to next year and start handing out extensions.
I donā€™t think Holmes will make any trades before he sees what he has in Davenport, Year 3 Paschal, Betts, Agude, and Houston; Jamo, DPJ, and A. Green; Starting Iffy, and OT Sorsdal and Skipper.

1 Like

$34 million in 2024.

He can push that moey weay down the road if needed.

Think about how long the saints kicked the can down thenroad when Brees was there.

The Rams? They did it for about 5 years.

The Bucs? They absorbed Bradyā€™s hit added more pieces

Eaglesā€¦. signing huge deals left and right.

Chiefsā€¦. have over $70 million AAV in 2 OTs and a TEā€¦
plus Mahomes.

Dolphins? Already writing checksā€¦ and they havenā€™t even paid Tua yet.

Billsā€¦ā€¦ already behind the 8-ball.

Ravensā€¦. paid a ton of dudes alreadyā€¦ and still have guys that need to get paid.

Lions are in GREAT shapeā€¦because they donā€™t have ANY bad contracts and the roster is one of the youngest in the NF

It is a great time to be a Lions fan!!!

2 Likes

Different situation. Davis is being paid well. Judon has MASSIVELY out played his contract and isnt making much. Judon is specifically disgruntled over money. Davis was and is not.

You think heā€™s not getting a contract extension this offseason? From SF or the team they trade him to?

Noā€¦. I think the 49ers drafted a WR in the 1st round to replace himā€¦.

but they also didnā€™t trade him during the draft because they want to keep him for 1 more season.

They can still tag him next year and trade him.

And this is why the next cba will focus on losing the franchise tags in trade for 18 games. Players hate the tag.

Im on board of trading for him. NE eats some of the money. If healthy 10 plus sack guy. Lions besides one guy really got to the qb last year and we wonder why our dbs sucked last season. Yes lions upgraded the backfield, but wont mean much if they cant get the qb. Like @Phunnypharm has said he has zero leverage with him coming off a injury and his age.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what kind of player Aiyuk is and the scheme the 9ers run, Pearsallā€™s game is not the same. They are VERY different playersā€¦ Had they drafted McConkey, I could see it, but they didnā€™t, they drafted a slot WR who doesnā€™t get open against man. Aiyuk is plays the pivotal role of X receiver in the Shanahan offense, he uncovers at all 3 levels against man and zone, heā€™s the 2nd most important person in that offense other than McCaffery.

The best part of this discussion is we will see what happens. Iā€™d make a prop bet that Aiyuk signs a deal bigger than St Brown before the trade deadline and itā€™ll be with the 9ers. Iā€™d also make the bet that this is Deeboā€™s last year in SF.

1 Like

Still a total dick move no matter what.