Miles Killebrew suffers brain injury in practice, further decimating Lions’

I’m afraid you’re right. There are a lot of guys who can play great special teams and contribute in a backup role as they develop. We’ve seen Killebrews ceiling. This is as far as he’s going to develop. It’s just not smart to keep a guy in a developmental role if he isn’t developing.

1 Like

Being a shit player that has a history of head injuries benefits him?
…odd perspective.

3 Likes

You’re both right, some guys just don’t translate to the NFL game. He might stick around a few more years as a low dollar backup/ special steamer that bounces around the league. Still better than working for a living, I suppose.

1 Like

Why do you believe everything you’re spoonfed? Who did Killebrew collide with?

Oh Davey.

u6t7CbtrBQuqI

3 Likes

Snags, you honestly believe that Killebrew helps his 2020 contract by playing a terrible game? He is not a Tracy Walker. This injury is the best thing that could happen to him.

He’s a special teams player and will be for the foreseeable future.

Him playing safety poorly wouldn’t change his role here or anywhere else

BigTenPhan is either Diggs’ brother or actually Diggs

Good special teams players are not that easily replaced. There’s a reason guys like Carey and Bademosi hang around so long and guys like Hogue and Webster are out of work after 2 years.

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that. Zenner was a great Gunner, and a solid backup RB. We could sure use 4.8 ypc about now.
He’s history.

1 Like

Zenner was a great gunner?

1 Like

Do you honestly think that he helps his contact in one game(good or bad)?

Luke Staley-like level of gunner.

No, I think he’ll be out for a few now.

Killebrew played well in limited action in 2017. An INT returned 35 yards for a TD, a fumble recovery, and 5 passes defensed.

Once MK was asked to play more in 2018, he got exposed. Not sure how or why the wheels fell off that wagon other than the change in defensive scheme from Austin to Patricia.

1 Like

The wheels fell off in 2018 because he tried playing linebacker. That was where the likeliest chance of making a contribution outside of Special Teams was. It’s not just scheme (though that surely played a part) but also depth at Safety. We still had Quin, plus Diggs made the move to Safety from Nickel, along with Wilson being a more reliable big-bodied safety than Killebrew. Add in the mix Charles Washington and Tracey Walker… in a word, it was “crowded”.
Now he’s back to “Safety” and playing an essential role on ST.

In another word, he was the 5th best safety on a team that only kept 4.
Sadly, because of the “strength” of our LB corps, they had room for a Safety.