Mina Kimes: Jordan Love, Not Jared Goff, Is Best QB in NFC North

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/mina-kimes-jared-goff-not-best-qb-nf-both

Jared Goff had a better season in terms of completion percentage, yards passing, and playoff wins (although that’s not a stat, just a fact). Goff also has a more established track record–Love’s just done it for one season.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s out of the realm of reality to rank Love ahead of Goff, but at the same time, IMO, he’s just as likely to improve in year 2 vs taking a step backwards.

Definitely take Goff for this season.
Long-term, Goff’s the safe bet, but Love played fairly decent toward the end of last season.

9 Likes

Well, let’s see how he does against a vastly improved Lions secondary.

2 Likes

We live in a highlight society. That will always push JG down in rankings unless he wins massively.

4 Likes

He played terrific. BUT his penchant for risk was accompanied by some luck IMO. And that luck ran out when it mattered. IMO Love’s NFC division round INT was the worst QB play of the 2023 season. Just a brutally awful decision.

9 Likes

Love has a higher ceiling… Let’s hope he never reaches it.

4 Likes

Love could become great, but half a season doesn’t quite get him over the hump for most people.
It seems to me from reading her take that Goff is lucky that St. Brown and LaPorta made all those catches for him. Kinda boosted his stats.
Unlike some of those tosses Love threw to his inexperienced receivers.

2 Likes

Alternate perspective. IMO the truth likely lies in between. It tends to do that.

https://x.com/joea_nfl/status/1806178779879887003?s=46

4 Likes

Goff blows… Love for MVP. Last year Fields was winning the MVP. Blah blah blah

Bill Murray Film GIF by Hollywood Suite

12 Likes

Most Volatile Player?

1 Like

Good to hear. Dan has more motivation for his team now

1 Like

Let’s hope so.

1 Like

Whoops. Years blend together at this point.

I disagree with her, but I don’t think it’s a scorching take either. She won’t be the only one who thinks that way.

3 Likes

Damian Woody says that Love will be a better QB than Maholmes in 2 years.

There is some crazy shit being thrown around for a QB with a half season of good play behind him.

I hope GB throws 60 mill per year his way, and he fails epically.

5 Likes

Love showed some flashes last year… but better than Mahomes in 2 seasons… Mahomes has played in 4 super bowls and won 3 already. Woody is just blowing smoke for ratings as talking heads do.

3 Likes

Need to check Woody for some CTE

4 Likes

I don’t care what he does as long as we beat them every time we play them in the playoffs as well as the regular season …

They can go undefeated into the NFCC game and we will beat them there!!

3 Likes

Woody will end up flaccid. Facts of life.