More pumped than ever

Too small of a sample size for me to answer that. What I DO KNOW is that this year is a failure if they don’t at least MAKE the playoffs.

That’s what I was responding to. I’m not sure how I’ve been whining. Just thought KJ made a cardinal error and that it likely cost us the game. I’m also not sure why you interjected when I wasn’t even addressing you.

I don’t have any problem with you.

Mobetta had just made a comment about blocking him and Sid referenced the same quote that I was responding too.

Obviously this isn’t like reddit or something of the ilk. I think if it was more clear what I was responding to we wouldn’t be having the same discussion.

The Lions are clearly a superior team to Oakland and NYG. To be honest I think Iggy knows that. The Lions played a horrible quarter against AZ. That was highly regrettable. Otherwise they’ve been a damn good team.

2 Likes

10-5-1. If they get to 10-5-1 they should be in. If somehow they miss by half a game I will still think that is a good season.

I think we’re a playoff team though. Health is obviously a huge variable. Both Stafford and KJ really need to stay healthy. Losing either would be problematic.

Constantly calling someone a troll is against the rules, so please knock it off – as it’s a lot easier to ban someone for a while than it is to go through editing posts.

Calling someone a name and getting mad they reply to it is exactly what caused so many small sparks on the other board to turn into full fledged fires, and we don’t tolerate that around here.

We’ve got something great going here, let’s do our best to keep it that way!

1 Like

I actually think Iggy is very knowledgeable and that his POV is valuable if he can deliver it without personal insults.

And so far on this board he has. The only personal insult I’ve seen on this board is from
Husker above

I’m not even mad about this loss, KC is a great team and I thought the Lions played their best game of the year. I actually feel better about this team after this game then I did after the ugly wins to be honest.

1 Like

Exactly

Okay. I will apologize to Iggy then.

Iggy, i’m sorry that I questioned your football knowledge.

Can we move on, now? You seem hesitant to let it go but I’m not sure what else I can do besides what I just did. I admit that my judgment is largely clouded by his persona on the other board. If that is different here then that is good to hear. As I’ve twice posted since she can make good, solid takes.

3 Likes

The analogy I would make, I fell in love with Manny Pacquaio as a fighter in a fight he lost, to Juan Manuel Marquez in (I think) 2004. He fought with so much heart and they went toe-to-toe, and even in defeat, Pacquiao didn’t give an inch.

Today’s Lions game gave me a similar feeling.

Sadly, they needed to be perfect today to have a chance, and the nonsense with the turnovers near the end zone (and the refs’ Chiefs-favoring nonsense), the game was actually lost in the 3rd quarter.

I knew they couldn’t overcome that with Mahomes on the other side, and I was right.

Still, this Patricia-led team SEEMS different than seasons past. And Stafford seems really comfortable with Bevell.

2 Likes

Officiating was Brutal!

2 Likes

The roughing the passer call on Mahomes that kept the drive going. They would have been punting. No hands to the face - not even close. PM faked it the same way Rodgers did the play before the hail mary that beat us (play that never should have happened). Basically the equivalent of an NBA flop. Never happened.

1 Like

The NFL has an officiating problem. It’s quite bad in virtually every game I watch.

2 Likes

I do get that it’s bad everywhere, but it’s not usually even, with us. We get the shit end of the stick often.

2 Likes

“The NFL Referees Association has announced the finalization of a seven-year Collective Bargaining Agreement. The new deal runs through May 31, 2026. The current agreement was due to expires in May 2020, after the current season. The NFLRA explained that the Board of Directors “unanimously approved” the CBA, and that the membership ratified it”.

I’m not saying that bad franchises don’t get the short end of the stick. I do think that happens as well. But man is there a lot of blundering in general this year

3 Likes

We are seeing a different Stafford this year. If you find yourself wavering in your disdain for Stafford, it’s because he’s carrying himself differently. I don’t what all to attribute it to, (Patricia, Bevell, Kelly, injuries) but he’s leading more comfortably and confidently, imo. He’s executing the offense with the efficiency that Caldwell instilled, but also with the brass that Schwartz/Linehan instilled.

2 Likes

I agree. I think DB deserves a lot of credit. We got ourselves a keeper of an OC.

3 Likes

I was just thinking how down I was on the backups after watching the PS games and thinking, if we lose a bunch of starters then we’re screwed. Well we’ve lost a bunch of starters and guys have stepped up. And that is a testament to the Lions coaches, good job fellas.

Which is not to say there ain’t stuff to fix, but danged if this team doesn’t look competitive and they haven’t hit their stride yet.

4 Likes

Can’t survive the loss of Staff. Perhaps KJ as well.

I don’t know about being pumped after a loss but I do think we can proud of the team after an effort like that. They left it all out on the field just as the Chiefs did, it had the look of two good teams going at it even with some sloppiness added in.

I can’t call them “For Real” quite yet and I don’t think this game is indicative of a team that’s a playoff contender until they follow it up with other good performances. If they lose to Green Bay coming off the bye, it’s a .500 team that’s 0-1 in the division and the good feeling from the Kansas City game will be a faded memory. A true mark of a good team is one that brings it every week, we’ll see what this team is really made of with the meat of the division schedule coming up.

1 Like