Most hated team?

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen anything quite as disgusting as bounty gate. So I’d have to say the N.O. Saints.

Some dude exposing himself just doesn’t draw the same ire as a team trying to inflict brain damage on fellow humans.

2 Likes

I dunno
The 30 straight loses , the team name once I reflected a little deeper about how I felt about it , then add Snyder … the history of George Preston Marshall

I liked Darrell green , and art monk

I don’t think that started with Saints. I remember joking about bounties playing with friends in the 80s so it had to be a part of nfl culture like kangaroo court fines in baseball etc …

The nature of football is to hit the other guy and if a clean hit knocks a guy out of the game
At a key position
It’s part of the game.

You think they’ve ever given out a game ball for a game changing hit that caused a game saving fumble but also incidentally knocked the opposing player from the game ?

I just don’t know how unusual bounty gate was even if not exactly the same as how it was presented in New Orleans

yea who was the guy that had QB names on his hand towel and re-injured jim mcmahon back in the day?

My parents always tried to convince me to not play football and I never did. Instead I played hockey which was always my best sport anyway. With what we know today, I just don’t see how you could disrespect someones life like that. But that’s me. It is after all, just a game. It’s not really important at all.

1 Like

I would’ve thought you’d see worse in hockey where fights work into the actual game strategy with “enforcers”

In football those guys are Suh and Donald , Derrick Henry …

Think when AJ Hawk clotheslined Colin Kaepernick on the sideline when Colin was dominating them … as a dirty good football play … especially if it made him stop running or knocked him out if game …

Plenty of dirty stuff happens in hockey but not as much with the concussions. Lots of slashes to the back of the legs in particular, that’s a favorite of many due to there being no padding there and you don’t have to lift your stick up very high so it’s less noticeable to the ref. Those hurt but do not lead to CTE later in life. Fighting is pretty rare but it does happen occasionally.

1 Like

Yup. And it doesn’t help that most of the UP supports them, not us…

1 Like

What else would you do at Wendy’s?

LOL. I’m with you on the DC that was doing the Bounty Gate thing.
Still, that’s not defining for the franchise for me.
Snyder and Jones…eeesh
Packers by a mile.
Cowboys by a mile after that.
Bears
Vikings close behind.

Then…
root against Snyder prolly after that.

To be honest, Ben Roethlisburger(sp) and his backup both leave a bad taste in my mouth, though I traditionally love the way that organization has been run, I find myself wanting the steelers to lose the last few years.

Joe Cullen was ahead of his time. He brought the south of France to Detroit.

2 Likes

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

1 Like

the funny part about this thread is…reverse it. who counts us as their most hated team? I’d bet nobody. they probably love playing us.

and I hope that MCDC changes that.

3 Likes

Using fan based hatred, Eagles fans.

They sing their stupid fight song about everything.

Mouth breathers.

1 Like

No team pisses me off quite as bad as the Lions with Matt Patricia. Does that count?

1 Like

Now that you mention it, I think it does. different…but should definitely count

Completely with you here man. Every Vikings fan I’ve ever met is a hella good dude. All Packets fans are nice, but arrogant. But those Bears fans… honestly, so many ppl from Chicago I’ve met… please stay in your city. I know I won’t be visiting anytime soon :grin:

Deep dish pizza - crap. That thin “Tavern style” also highly overrated.

The only good thing about the Bears is that they’re not the Packers.

1 Like

Packers, for two reasons.

1. How good they have been

2. For the packer fans not realizing how good Farve & Rodgers are at football

2 Likes

Best post this year!!! lol

I heard a guy on talk-radio once refer to their pizza as “pizza casserole”. It was hilarious and I imagine it was pretty effective in ruffling the feathers of Chicagoans.

Any team that would try to make a submarine sandwich out of a hotdog or a casserole out of a pizza deserves to be on the world’s most-hated list.