Most surprising player?

To me, it’s Josh Reynolds. Multiple great catches last night.

Reynolds has had 7 catches of 20+ yards already. To put that in perspective, his career high in that category is 8 for an entire season:

Not surprisingly, he’s averaging a career high 17.9 ypc, which is 9th in the NFL.

15 Likes

Anzalone.

He’s been lights out at LB this season

18 Likes

Deja vux all over again:

Let’s hope he can keep it up in 2023.

1 Like

Josh Reynold is a certified stud. So is Leaf. Best #3/#4 combo in the NFL at WR.

Biggest Surprises to me in order:

Anzalone
How soon our 2nd rounders have dominated- I knew they were pro ready but wow
Barnes

5 Likes

I’m also surprised. Thought we bid against ourselves a little on his deal, but he’s been playing well. And he destroyed Jones on the sideline … that’s how you send a message. penalty was a joke

5 Likes

Linebacker play for certain.

3 Likes

Good call! Anzalone playing solid football. Alim was very good as well.

1 Like

Great post. I like our WR3 & 4 as well. Over-achievers at the “unsung hero” role. Can’t wait to add MORE speed…Freeing Jamo will also free…GIBBY!!!

Also - look for Monty, Ra, & Laporta to be even more open for biz!!!

Those are good ones too, especially LaPorta.

2 Likes

My biggest surprise player is Branch, with Laporta 2nd. No way I thought they would be THIS good THIS quickly.

AA after that.
Longsnapper is light years better too

3 Likes

1st int was a result of his tipped ball.

LaPorta this much this fast is definitely one of the big surprises four games in, including his blocking. His blocking has room to improve so not saying he is a finished product but man is he good.
Yards after catch improvement, I expected improvement from TJ, has been more than I expected.

3 Likes

I love both of those dudes, but they have both bounced around the league on the bottom of rosters. Calling them “studs” is a bit over-the-top.

Reynolds definitely held the fort down at #2 while Jamo was out and is a solid #3 for us under normal conditions. 'Lif is a firecracker and total team dude who can also step up when his number is called.

Much like I said in the Goff thread regarding JG, these dudes are the right guys in the right offense on the right team in the right city right now.

Like you said, I love these fellas as our 3/4 WRs.

3 Likes

I’m surprised at how bad Marvin Jones got.

4 Likes

With little separation before he went to the Jags for two years, and turning 33 years old, I’m not.

I heard on the radio that Risdon said this summer that Marvin looked old.

1 Like

LaPorta! No way a rookie TE is as good as he has been through his first 4 games.
Next year he’s the best TE in the NFL…and, I’m sandbagging. He may be the best this season, if he gets rolling.:laughing:

4 Likes

LaPorta leads the league for TEs and did before the Packers game also.

1 Like

Barnes. Always had high hopes for him. Good to see everything starting to click for him.

3 Likes

Gotta go with Branch. Knew he was a good college player, but never saw him as an anchor in the defensive backfield after only four games.

2 Likes