My analysis…. Relax

We aren’t a good team… yet!

Goff had 2 TDs and 1 int- and suffered through 5-6 dropped passes….

8-14 for 76 yards 0 tds-Erin Rodgers
7-9 for 80 yards Murray
8-14 for 96 yards 1 int Carr
7-10 for 59 yards Danny Dimes

These are 1sr half numbers

Brisett and Baker- neither were better than Goff
Stafford- was definitely not Bette
Lance - was surely not better
Mac Jones- not better
Fields wasn’t better but won

Bottom line- we can run, and once Jamo replaces Reynolds we can probably pass too…

This was easily between our #3-5 hardest game of year.

Eagles finished 7-3 to finish last year and scored 30+ in 5 of them! Then they added elite talent and lost nobody.

If we stay healthy this week- we beat Commanders 24- 17

8 Likes

Burrow had 5 turnovers too btw

When half the QBs or more have significantly worse week ones, most playing lesser opponents… what should all those teams do?

Erin and Murray are both shitting beds against bad defenses.

1 Like

Serious question, what is your (OP’s) relationship to Goff

4 Likes

That’s why I don’t think we’re a bad team. We’re not a great team but we can beat almost everyone except for the Bills if enough things go well.

3 Likes

With a reshuffled offensive line as well.

1 Like

Seriously.

Again with the Goffurbation.

3 Likes

Since there are 32 teams there are bound to be a couple of guys who had a bad game. I fail to see relevance. Goff wasn’t ready to go. I question the preparation in the preseason. We saw throughout the Stafford era that you can’t spot the other team a half of football and make up for it later. Doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Attacking a poster and not the valid points he made just makes u guys look silly

4 Likes

Agree with the relax! Lot’s of “supposed” good teams not lookin so good today……

The overreaction boggles my mind……

5 Likes

Thanks brother -

I guess the Bears won BECAUSE of Fields, not inspite of his 120 yards and a TD? I’m thinking it was because they gave up “10” points?

Now that we mention the Bears giving up 10 points, maybe it was because they played a QB in Lance who connected on 45% of his passes for 160 yards and zero tds?

It would have been a shame if the Steelers would have lost after Burrow choked the ball over 5 times!

How about Tua and Mac Jones combining for 2 TDs? One of them had to win though? So Tua did “just enough” and it was “Macs fault?”

BOTTON LINE WE WOULDNT HAVE WON THIS WEEK WITH RODGERS, LANCE, AND SURELY NOT STAFFORD!

Had we been to borrow any defense other than the Rams we win… had the refs been a bit more fair, we might have won

2 Likes

They sure look like they overpaid for that Murray guy too….

2 Likes

Herbert was almost perfect…. Carr had a couple fumbles and 3 ints…. Yet Raiders had 2 shots from the 50 to take the lead……

Tannehill has been near perfect, it their D has been run over by Barkley

As of now 14 teams have scored 21 points or less with 4 left to play.

2021-

Week 1: 11 of the 16 winners held opponent to 21 or less

Week 2: 10 of 16 winners held their opponent to 21 or
Less

Week 3: 12 of the 16 winners held their opponent to 21 or less

Week 16: 12 of the 16 winners held their opponent to 21 or less

Week 17: 12 of the 16 winners held their opponent to 21 or less

Week 18: ONLY 7 of the winners held opponent under 21…. Maybe resting players? Who knows.

—————

Do you own research, about 70-75% of weekly winners hold opponents to 21 or under….

Right now we have 16 team of the 28 who have played kept to 21 or less….

Only 4 scored over 30- Chiefs, Eagles, Bills, and us-

Every winning team forced 1 or more turnovers too

I remember the saints crushing the packers in week one last year. Packers went on to win 13 of the next 16 I believe. It’s week one. Relax.

1 Like

Thats a bad take. One we dont have a defense
Two we dont have Rodgers

2 Likes

The Lions offense had a great 2nd half…great to see.

The defense remains a massive problem, which many of us have been saying for months. Still can’t stop the run. AG has his work cut out for him.

1 Like

I think the defense is fine against everything other the RPO QB, that may take some time to repair. Not going to see many RPO QB’s this year thankfully.

3 Likes

I’m not sure why others poor play is always a excuse why our poor play is ok. Never understood this argument. It must be a lot of work to go find every QB who played as bad or worse then Goff to try to make Goff’s play look better then it was.

3 Likes

This isn’t exactly true, take out the QB runs and it’s probably not that bad. Hurts killed us with the broken play runs.

2 Likes

We actually did pretty well vs Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray last year. Hurts has our number big time.

3 Likes

The point is it’s week one. There’s alot of football to be played. I didn’t think we were winning today and just happy we kept it respectable.

2 Likes