My analysis…. Relax

I think we can beat anyone besides a handful of teams. Eagles dont scare me at all. We make a play here and there we could have won. If goff doesn’t throw a pick we probably win.

3 Likes

What frustrated me the most was letting Hurts get running first downs. He is not a good QB, but he can run. And if it weren’t for him and Brown we win that game.

Goff and the offense absolutely could’ve been better too.

2 Likes

Yes one play here we could’ve won no doubt

1 Like

So we can’t add in the drops for Goff, but we can “take. Out” the QB runs against the D?

You are citing a QB who had a 2-1 TD/INT ratio on a team that dropped 5 passes- as the reason we lost… despite scoring 30 plus-

The Defense allowed 4 DIFFERENT GUYS TO SCORE RUSHING TDS- that wasn’t the issue.

I bet if we had 3 plus sacks and a int- we win easily

2 Likes

We aren’t a great team, yet!
For sure, we left points on the field, but, the Eagles are a very good team.
3 points better, as it turned out.

1 Like

I don’t think the Chiefs have a bad defense. But your point is made regardless

Any defense giving up 200 plus rushing yards has some issues. I will say that if Jalen Hurts plans on running the ball 14 times a game his season will be over in a few weeks. I don’t think he will hold up.

4 Likes

I truly think hurts is the best of the 3, call me crazy lol

Philly scored 38. Hey guys…we need a new QB.

6 Likes

He won’t have to…

The AJ Brown slant game, will lead to D Smith sneaking wide open deep… they will find a hot hand at RB, and there will be games he rounds 4-5 times

We didn’t give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, and we aren’t going to give up now!

1 Like

We gave up 44 to the Eagles last year…baby steps…lol

The funniest part is everyone worried about losing AG all offseason.

3 Likes

He did keep 8 teams under 24 points last year….

CBS Sports Philadelphia 38-35 over Detroit

B Eagles

The Eagles’ offense looked explosive throughout the game, thanks to A.J. Brown and his dominance of the Lions’ secondary in the second and third quarters. Brown finished with 10 catches for 155 yards – setting a franchise record for receiving yards in a debut by a non-rookie. Jalen Hurts had no choice but to target Brown, who lived up to his “always open” moniker. The Eagles scored 38 points and tallied 455 yards, yet didn’t have a reception from DeVonta Smith or Quez Watkins. They still rushed for 216 yards and had two 90-yard rushers in Hurts and Miles Sanders. Philadelphia had four different players rush for a touchdown in the same game for the first time since 1961. Despite how the offense had to carry the defense throughout the game, the Eagles look like a force in the NFC East with all their playmakers on offense.

B- Lions

The Lions are better than many think, especially on offense. Amon-Ra St. Brown kept his five-game streak of getting at least eight receptions and a touchdown streak and D’Andre Swift looks every bit of the running back that can get 1,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards this year. The Lions didn’t relent, going down 31-14 in the third quarter and eventually cutting the deficit to 38-35. Detroit’s defense had no answer for Hurts running the football early and Brown throughout the game, yet the Lions still found themselves hanging in with a division title contender. This team has a lot to look forward to and will win more games than people think.

5 Likes

Hurts has rushed over 800 times in his college and pro games… and was squatting over 500 pounds before anyone onew who Tua was at Alabama. The dude is a beast in the weight room.
As long as he can RPO while guys like Analzone get flagged for “bumping” him… I don’t know if he is any more of an injury risk than other QBs standing in the pocket.

2 Likes

Agreed. He really wasn’t getting hit….honestly he was pretty savvy w his running……

3 Likes

Look at our IR roster. Then look at the Eagles.
Then, consider the wisdom of drafting injured players.

It is a lot of work because so many played worse than Goff.

1 Like

I get these guys are great athletes but to me, 14 rushes from your QB seems like a lot. Just don’t see him holding up in the NFL. Then again the Lions have no clue how to stop a mobile QB so kind of hard to blame him for taking what was given.

3 Likes

take another look at Hurts’ stats…

the Lions didn’t fare any worse than the average rush Hurts has been getting for his entire career.

He averaged 5.29 ypc yesterday… which is slightly less than his career average. He did have a few more attempts than usual…
but he also has a better receiving group than he ever did before…
so it is kind of a “pick your poison” deal with the eagles.

1 Like