My analysis…. Relax

Brown was a beast yesterday. I guess Hurts had 17 runs yesterday which I still say is a recipe for a QB to not last the season. Just hard to win when you give up 200 plus yards rushing. I do feel the Lions are improved but Philly is a more talented team to my eyes.

3 Likes

Philly has Hurts at QB and Brown at WR….

who are both as difficult to tackle as many RBs.

They are gonna run over a lot of people this season.

OK, now that I have slept on it.
We lost game one, which was pretty much expected.
I really didn’t like the onside kick, I thought it was too early in the game and gave the Eagles a short field to extend their lead. But, it is what it is. Whether it was a bad call by our coach or not, he’s still the reason the players give all they have.
We hung 35 points on a defense that is rated as one of the best in the league and our passing game wasn’t in sync. And despite having 3 3and outs in a row in the first half.
I thought our pass rush would generate some holding calls. It did generate holding, but as usual the flags stayed in the ref’s pockets.
Swift looks really good if he can stay healthy, he’s gonna be fun to watch.
I think our D is better than it showed against Hurts and Brown and the eagles.
We have easier teams on the schedule that this team should put together some wins against.
I’m not happy with the loss, but there are positives.
I’m not calling SOL unless they start finding new ways to lose to inferior or teams closer to their caliber. If they can start dominating some games, Dan won’t be tempted to make the risky, or questionable calls.

2 Likes

I almost broke my television watching Hurts escape time after time again.
And what was up with him grounding with lineman down the field and no calls?
He was like Houdini out there.

3 Likes

I think we saw what happens when you don’t play your starters more than a series in the preseason; timing was off. You have bad throws, miscommunications between QB and WR’s, drops and more.

I agree with the relax comment.
Saw a lot to like on the offense, things that need to be cleaned up and I believe they can be and will be.
Defense showed signs of life and imo is better than last season but still has a long ways to go. It would be nice to have one or two of those 2nd rd DL picks playing right now.
Coaching decisions were definitely questionable.

I had this as a loss and was hoping they could keep it within 10. Still thinking the floor is 7 wins and ceiling is 10.

Eh, I disagree with most of that. Goff toughed it out this game and nearly led the comeback to completion. I give him credit for that.

I don’t think he is the QB of our future. And its not because I hate him. Its because I think we’ll draft a young QB and use the cap to further build our team.

THIS!

I don’t understand your response to what I said lol

We only play 3 more games vs running QB’s, Fields twice and Allen. I hope we go after Brown now that week 1 is in the books, Sometimes your team simply doesn’t line up well vs your opponent and adding a running QB vs us just complicates the entire run D for us.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.